Droid 3 Replacement Circus
benarp

Short Story: I had a Droid 3 that was doing the "random restart" thing and I'm now on my 4th (soon to be 5th) Droid 3.

Long Story: Here's a link to a long story about my experience so far trying to get a good replacement for my faulty Droid 3. Anybody have any advice as to how to get better results from the customer service reps? http://verizonexperience.weebly.com/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Replacement Circus
BettyC

I had my new Droid 3 for less than 2 months, returned and got a replacement.  No good, now awaiting my third.  If this one doesn't work, I'll will just absolutely insist on either another type of phone or a new Droid.  Cannot imagine Verizon selling this phone and not be willing to replace it with something else.

0 Likes
unixworld

I am about to get my 4th replacement DROID 3. My main problem is that calls made to me do not always ring the phone. Hours later I get a voicemail but the phone never rang. This is going on 4 months and soon to be the 4th phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous? Yes, very!!!!! Customer service...don't bother....I go right to Tech Support and they don't know what the problem is either. Everyone is guessing...Network? Nope, they say things like...you must have been in a marginal service area....or battery must have been low...or no problem found....This is beyond ridiculous. This morning, the call was dropped and when tech support tried to call back, they left a voicemail. Sorry sir...but I suspect you are not answering because the phone did not ring. Thank you for being a Verizon Wireless customer. Someone will get back to you with a resolution? (Really? How are you going to reach me if the phone doesn't ring?)  Smiley Happy

Enough is enough! Good luck with your problems too!

0 Likes
benarp

Well, I received my fifth Droid 3 last week. So far it's working pretty well. I hope that it stays in good working condition because dealing with Verizon is miserable.

0 Likes
unknownjanedoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally, more people are having the same issue. Verizon Wireless (and other companies) are buying defective products from Motorola. It's like Motorola doesn't have any quality control.

Last August (2011) my contract was up with Verizon so I got a new phone when I resigned; I got an LJ Octane. When the Verizon Wireless employees used "Back Up Assistant" to get the contacts from my old flip phone it something happened to the LJ Octane (I didn't realize that was the issue at the beginning). A lot of software issues were happening with the phone. They gave me another LJ Octane and the same things where happening. I reported Verizon to the BBB.

After dealing with corporate they gave me a Droid 3 for free. I didn't really want a "smart" phone but I wanted a full qwerty keyboard, that's why I got the LG Octane in the first time. So, I get my Droid 3 in the mail and activate it and used "Back Up Assistant" like the instructions stated. The more I played with the Droid 3 the more odd software stuff was happening (turning off and on when I was using it).

So I got yet another Droid sent to me. Verizon customer service is a joke. I've been told so many time "I will call you back" and that NEVER happens. I know from the people in the Verizon stores all the way to people in corporate I've spent HOURS if not days dealing with this. Because even though they say they document things in your file, you still have to reexplain the situation to every new person you talk to.

So then after my 2nd Droid, I didn't load "Back Up Assistant" in my phone and put the numbers in manually and I even went to a Verizon store to take one of their Droid workshops. Disappointingly, I knew more than the guy working there about the phone, and I had it for less than 2 weeks. Also with this 2nd Droid the "on/off" button was pushed into the phone where it was hard to make it do anything (it came like that). The guy that was running the work shop called customer service (which I still don't get why employees IN the store know less than the strangers on the phone) about getting me a yet another Droid. The woman on the phone said she was going to have to make me pay for it until they get the other one back. I didn't have to do that last time and they have gotten all the phones back. Plus this woman had the nerve to tell me I need to contact Motorola. Seriously? I bought the phone under the umbrella of Verizon, they need to back up their products and hold the companies they get their products from accountable. So, this guy who ran the workshop got an override by his boss and sent me out another Droid.

Well I did some troubleshooting with a tech guy I know in CA and we figured that "Back Up Assistant" saved a corrupted file (contact number) and that was messing with the software of the phone, because that's the ONLY thing all 3 phones had in common.

This 3rd Droid I've had the longest, like 4 months and it's still touchy. What's annoying me now is that the camera isn't working as well. That's pretty much the only thing I use my phone for (tweeting and texting). I don't want to get yet another replacement because I'm tired of wasting my time loading all the contacts, apps, calendar stuff back into my phone. This company doesn't care about their jobs because we keep buying their crap. They have given me 3 different Droids for free. I don't understand why anyone would pay hundreds for crappy phones like this.

So if you are counting, that's 2 LG Octanes and 3 Droids; happening in a 2 months span. I had opened a 2nd complaint against Verizon with the BBB but they just wasted my time for the last 4 months and I have to start over again. I contacted my Attorney General's customer complain department because Verizon Wireless will be held accountable for this.

BettyC

I'm on my third Droid 3 and it has worked perfectly for about 3 weeks. It turned itself back on two times in the doctors office today in the space of less than 30 minutes.

I sent Verizon a brand new phone I paid a whole lot of money for, and they send me a "refurbished" one that didn't work and then a third one. I suggest we all contact the FCC and file complaints on their poor telephone and sending our refurbished ones instead of new ones.

The last time I called to complain they said I could send my phone back to Motorola for repair but that it would take at least two weeks. Big deal Huh?

I have had my contract 3 months with Verizon and three telephones, not a very good record for Verizon I would say.

0 Likes
unknownjanedoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've already reported Verizon to the BBB twice, the first time is when they just gave me a new phone and the second time was filed in Sept. 2011 and the BBB just closed my case because I tried to hold them accountable for their incompetence; so it's easier to close the case and sweep it under the rug instead of investigating and doing their job.

But I just filed with my states Attorney Generals office so let's see what goes with that and if that goes no where I will file with the FCC. That's the thing, I just came to find out that the BBB is bs. So I've been wasting my time dealing with them for the last 5+ months regarding this issue with Verizon.

I've had 5 (different brands and models) and this last Droid, the camera is starting to act up hardcore. That's the main feature I use (besides the apps). It's just another way for us all to take it up the *** from corporations. I stand up and hold people accountable for their mistakes.

0 Likes
scbeachbum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have replaced my droid 3 a total of 4 times. The current phone is doing the same thing as all of the others, the random reboot, sometimes as much as 20 times a day. It seems futile to even send this thing back for a replacement again, but I am out of options. I have heard many different theories on what causes the reboot, and tried every trick and tip I could. There are no apps on the phone beyond what is pre-installed, and nothing saved in WiFi and WiFi even turned off. None of it makes a difference, but replacing my "new" $250 + 2 year commitment phone 5 times in 5 months is ridiculous.

Verizon has been less than no help with this, they make it clear that you can just keep exchanging phones in the hope that you may one day get a phone that works properly. If you do, what are the odds it will keep working properly? I guess I will figure it out, it's time to order replacement #5

0 Likes
celticdawn
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is time to put an end to the run-around and double talk that the Verizon customer service and tech support puts you through.  In 10 months I have had 8 Droids replaced, always with a certified refurbished, which often breaks the same day or within a few days and is worse than the phone it was to replace. There is no customer service at Verizon. They misrepresent, outright lie and breach their contract and  you can never get a phone number of incident number on your issue.

If you call back again it's at least an hour of your time after re-explaining the same issue over and over again and never being able to talk to anyone with any authority other than to send you yet another replacement phone.

It's time for the attorney general, FAA and BBB to expose  Verizon and give consumers back their rights.

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

That phone has always had that problem, kinda seems like it's leaking to the droid 4 now.

If you have had 8, there should not be any reason they wouldn't be willing to send you something else. Speak to a supervisor that is in tech support, not customer service. And above all else, be nice.

0 Likes