Droid 3 Hotspot not connecting
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have  a Droid 3 that has a hotspot. Have tried every setting configuration, but cannot connect to the Internet. There is no phone # associated with it as I do not want voice / Text.  Any one have the correct way to set up the mobile hotspot?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Hotspot not connecting
Tidbits
Legend

You can't set it up that way. You must have cellular service of get an actual hotspot.

Re: Re: Droid 3 Hotspot not connecting
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have a Verizon Data Plan as well as a Jetpack mobile hotspot.  It connects with no problem and provides wi-fi to my laptop.  The Droid 3 data settings and hotspot pick up internet signal and the laptop shows it is trying to connect, but will not.  This an XP laptop, but I had no trouble connecting it to the Jetpack.  Verizon said it should work if the Jetpack works. I'm trying to avoid the usual 2 hour phone call to the tech dept. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You need a smart phone plan not a hotspot plan.  It doesn't work in reverse either.

0 Likes
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate your input, but a data plan is all that is needed if you do not set up the phone for talk/text with a BTN.

Prior to this I connected a Devour with data only and the two previous owners of this droid used it as data only.  I think I just have a tech problem. So, I will battle my way thru CSV to get to the tech. dept.  They usually fix me up quick, unless it's a billing issue. ha...ha...

0 Likes