Re: Droid 3 Battery Life issues
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello EyeSpy and thank you to all the community members for your input. Having a long lasting battery is important. May I ask what accounts are synced with your phone, i.e. Facebook or twitter. Do you normally have the GPS active on your phone? Have you employed any of the tips given to extend your battery life?If not, click here to view some of the best steps you can take to extend the life of your battery. 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bluesky69477

Also having the same problem, no matter what I do this thing eats through the battery.  I've bought a new battery, turned on the data saver, etc.  Did any of the suggestions work for you?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Some people may think they use their devices light to moderate usage may actually been using more.  You know widgets, and live wallpaper for example eat battery life.  A lot of widgets will pole for data even if it's locked and you are not looking at it.  My Droid 3 I can do 10-12 hours consistantly, but when I start really using the device and that screen stays on I pull around 4-5 hours just like pretty much any smartphone device I have owned.  

Without actually looking at how you use your phone and what you have running I couldn't tell you exactly what is going on.  Keep in mind also that some apps are not coded very well which also chews up battery life.  

0 Likes
jerrymprice

The battery life on the Droid 3 SUCKS!!

0 Likes
GAAW

I have the same problem with battery life on my Droid 3.  This is my second Droid 3 and it's not any better.  They sold me an extended life battery to solve the problem, but it didn't help!!!  They just got to charge me MORE MONEY!!!  The Droid 3 is only good if you either turn it off completely, or keep a recharger handy all day long!!!  Really convenient!  I'm very disgusted with the Droid 3. 

I also had a horrible problem with the pictures being BLUE!!!  I took a picture of the White House in DC and it looked BLUE!!!  Now I KNOW that it's supposed to look WHITE!!!  So far, my first Droid was much better!!  That's why I thought upgrading to a Droid 3 would be great!  I WAS WRONG!!!!  And Verizon acts like I'm the only one with these issues!!!  What an act!!

Very disappointed!!!

0 Likes
EyeSpy

Chauncey, I have Facebook synced with no notifications set in the settings. I do not use the GPS much and is almost always off. I have employed all of the tips ihat Verizon has listed. I am also not a "power" user and have had Treo's on Palm and WinMo and recently came from a Droid2Global to the Droid 3, so I am pretty well use to what most devices will do and what I should expect. My stock battery seems to be almost worthless. Unless plugged in, I will run through it in about 4 hours.

I have been using the extended battery recently. If I dont use it for anything more than a phone (little to no data use), I can get 17+ hours out of it. If I use it for email, surfing the web or anything, even with the extended battery, it will only last about 9 hours. I will also say that my 3G coverage is very good in these areas, as I know that in areas with low signal, it will require the phone to use more battery.

It seems the one thing that really sucks the power is the screen. I have it as dim as can be and it will still be the highest battery usage at 60%+. Most screen dimmers dont dim low enough or adjust the contrast, which is not lowering the actual brightness from a power consumption. I thought these screens were suppose to be brighter, yet use LESS power.

0 Likes
Gessek
0 Likes
heretic11
Verizon refuses to acknowledge this problem. Droid 3 is such a bad phone. 3 replaced batteries and replaced phone. same problem. battery lasts about 2-3 hrs tops. its not wifi apps GPS. its a hardware problem and Verizon needs to replace the phone. I'm sick of it.
0 Likes
heretic11
and ontop of it. the screen is messed up Verizon told me tough luck.

0 Likes
KittyVonCatt

This is by far the worst phone I have ever had!!! The battery life sucks. I cannot use it at all when it is charging- the keys are completely unresponsive. I got stranded on the road 2 days ago with a dead phone because I had to use the gps for a total of 20 minutes on a full battery! The screen sometimes goes completely black and again unresponsive if I use the camera. Yesterday I was in the middle of texting on the quarty keyboard- which is why I chose this phone over the iphone in the first place and it just stopped working mid sentence . Just poof! the virtual keyboard was working fine but not the quarty. And today I plugged it into the charger several times because each time it went berserk. It started opening all kinds of apps and just going nuts! Just now I got a text with a photo. Clicked to download it and again screen went totally black. You could not even power it off. I had to take the case off and the battery out. This phone is 2 weeks old. I bought it new with my upgrade.

0 Likes