Droid 2 Global & Backup Assistant
Underclocker

Last night I restored my Droid 2 to factory settings, hoping to fix some issues and general sluggishness of the phone. It worked, thankfully, but now I have another problem. Verizon's Backup Assistant synced all my contacts from their servers to my phone as I set everything up. I noticed I was missing a few contacts, so I manually ran Backup Assistant in order to try to redownload the missing contacts. My phone now shows as having no contacts, save for my own number. I logged on to the Verizon website to check my cloud data, and I saw myself as the only contact which mirrors my phone. Is there any hope that my backup has been backed up, or previous versions are somewhere saved on Verizon's side? Is there any hope of me resyncing all my contacts to my now empty phone? I really appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global & Backup Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Underclocker.

Losing your contacts can be one of the worst feelings in the world! (Well, for me it would be.) I see you posted on September 7. Have you been able to restore your lost contacts? When you signed in online, did you sign in under your mobile number? Your contacts may also be saved in your Google/ Gmail contacts, or on your SIM card. Have you tried to restore contacts from either of these two options? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Underclocker

Hey Vanessa thanks for the reply, I looked for my contacts on both my SIM card and my gmail account that was linked with my phone, but unfortunately I was relying on Verizon's backup assistant to sync my contacts, and disabled the other services. It wasn't that great of an inconvenience to ask my friends and family for their contact info again, but I've certainly learned to have some redundancy from now on. Even though Verizon couldn't help me restore that data, I appreciate the help and support you've given.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Underclocker - Most welcome. I'm glad you were able to get your contacts back via your friends and family. Facebook came in handy when something similar happened to me!

If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us or the community.

Thank you and take good care!

Nicandron_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter: @vzwsupport

0 Likes