Driod Eris
dwright0508

Okay, I am interested in purchasing the driod eris. Number one, how is it? I know there is reviews but you can tell me more info. What are the pros and cons. And two, does anyone think or know if the phone price will be lowered anytime so, should I wait. Because I have to purchase this 30 dollar data plan with this. I want to be able to save as much money as I can.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Driod Eris
ck125

Overall the phone is a good choice. It is very small and compact and yet has the capability to do just about everything you need/want to do. The phone probably will not get much lower than it is now which is 49.99 i think not sure if thats what it costs now.

Pros:

small, compact

fast (i have downloaded mine to 2.1)

screen size

Nice keyboard

Cons:

camera isnt the best in low light(no flash)

some lag(more with 1.5 then 2.1)

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

If you'll go HERE, you can read the pros/cons on the Eris. Lots of reviews there.

0 Likes
dwright0508

If I were to get this phone today, would it come with the 2.1 installed.

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sure it would come with the factory stock OS of 1.5.....I got mine two weeks ago and has 1.5

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I debated between the Droid and the Eris. I have friends that own the Droid and others who own the Eris.  Like you I narrowed my choice between the two. I am very happy with my choice of going with the Eris.

I can't stand the physical keyboard of the Droid...if that's what you even want to call it. The keys are small and jammed together with no separation at all.  The Droid felt very blocky to me as well with sharp corners and didn't feel comfortable for me.  It does have the bigger screen and slightly better resolution than the Eris but not by much.  The processor on the Droid is slightly more powerful as well.

Even with that I went with the Eris. It is about $100 cheaper than the Droid and a great phone.  It seemed to have a better feel for talking on the phone. The touch keypad is pretty good . The Eris already has the HTC sense where as the Droid does not.  Eris has 7 homescreens compared to the Droid with three homescreens.  Battery life is an issue with any smartphone but unlike the IPhone you can upgrade the battery to 1750 m/amp and 3500 m/amp vs the stock 1300 m/amp it comes with.

I plan to upgrade the battery to the 1750 m/amp because it's the same size battery as the stock battery without needing the oversized battery door that you need to equp with the 3500 battery.   

The Eris is very responsive and there are plenty of apps even at Droid 1.5 to choose from.  I am not a smartphone power user so this phones suits my needs very nicely.  If you are a total power user or want the latest toy I suggest you hold off the for HTC Incredible...very awesome phone.  I don't need that much bells and whistles but it seems to be a awesome phone.

Best of luck in your decision and enjoy your new smartphone.

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wanted to add that when 2.1 comes out for the Eris it will be the icing on the cake for already a great phone.  I'm holding off for the OTA update but I've seen plenty of info on people who have done the leak/root and the phone is awesome on 2.1.

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

OMG i'm **bleep**...you never even mentioned you where choosing between the Droid and Eris.  Well if you were I hoped my two cents helped...LMAO!

0 Likes
dwright0508

how would I update to 2.1. Is it like a regular phone where you go to the settings and like update software is a chioce

0 Likes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's no download and nothing for you to do.  Verizon will send it to your phone.  It will notify you that the update is available and you just follow the prompt.

0 Likes