Driod 4 keeps rebooting itself and battery won't stay charged
alval

What do I do about my droid 4 constantly rebooting itself after the verizon wireless update that was pushed out March 23 or so?

• 1st my phone was frozen after the update and I had to request a replacement phone.
  • 2nd the replacement phone randomly just reboots, whether I am using it or not.
    • The battery barley stays charged even when it's on the charger.  I have all the data syncs off
    • I can't update my apps because the phone says it does not have network access., but I can make call and send text messages.

very upset about this, verizon should have tested the update further before pushing it out.  there was nothing wrong with my original phone, now I h ave a large paper weight that has to stay hooked to the charger.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Driod 4 keeps rebooting itself and battery won't stay charged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi alval!

I am sorry to learn of the rebooting issues with your phone after the latest software update. Let's get your phone our the paper weight mode and back into the awesome wireless device that it is! I had similar issues with my phone after the latest software update and I resolved all issues by doing a factory reset http://vz.to/TZvgLF as this clears any third party applications conflicts and any potential system errors created while processing update. Make sure to back up all your important media before doing factory reset as this process deletes all media and bring phone back to original state. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes