Downloading video from Droid Eris
tribalsooz

Hey there!  Wanted to transfer my photos & video to my PC.  Photos were successfully loaded; videos were not.  Downloaded using a SanDisk adapter/micro SD.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance!  FYI  the videos were sent to my messages on my phone from an iPhone if that makes a difference.  Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Downloading video from Droid Eris
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were the videos downloaded at all? If you have saved them from the text message,they should have been on the SD card in the download folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tribalsooz

Nope.  Nothing.  They play great on my phone still.  Odd. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The videos don't download automatically when they are played from the text message application. You have to manually save them. Did you do that? Long press the white space around the video in the text message to get the dialog box and the option to save it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tribalsooz

Oooo!  Thanks!  I will try that right now!  Will keep y'all posted!  *crosses fingers*

0 Likes
tribalsooz

O.k. no luck still no videos.  I even tried downloading into Dropbox as well.  Just the pictures downloaded.  I've never tried "backing up" anything, or used Verizon Cloud, etc.  I'm upgrading to a new phone and don't want to lose these videos.  Obviously the SD card holds the pics but not video (?!?).  The journey continues...  Thanks friend Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean by "No luck still no videos"? Were you able to save the videos to the SD card?

Another option would be to forward the MMS message containing the video to an email address:-) but the phone would need to be active on a VZW line.

0 Likes