Don't Delete Email From Server
DrummerBob

I'm havng problems with my emails deleting from the server when I delete them from my phone.  I have a new Razr M running Android 4.1.  I've looked everywhere for the check box to not delete from server, but I can not find it.  This is using POP3 Verizon/Yahoo e-mail.  I've looked all over the internet, and found instructions, but they are not the same as on my phone and OS. 

Anybody that can share instructions on how to make the change would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Email don't delete from server
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DrummerBob,

I know how important it is to have all your emails in order. There is currently no option on the Android 4.1 OS to sync your phone's email to the server. There is no option to "delete from server". We don't support 3rd party apps but you could search the Play Store for an application that may allow you to sync your phone's email to server. Let us know if you have any other questions.

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Don't Delete Email From Server
DrummerBob

Dear NidiaA,

Thank you for your response.  I think I was not clear in my question.  I

have my e-mail set to download from my yahoo.verizon.net e-mail accounts.

It does sync and I get my e-mail on my phone.  If I leave it on my phone, I

can log on with my P.C. and download all of the mail, but if I delete the

e-mail from my phone, it deletes the e-mail from the yahoo.verizon.net

server and I can not get it on my P.C.  I need to know how to keep my phone

from deleting the messages off the Verizon server when I delete them from

the phone. 

I hope that helps clarify.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bob W

<< Full name removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DrummerBob, have you tried setting up the Yahoo account manually? The ability to manually select if you would like to remove or not remove emails directly from the server when you delete them from your phone should come up during the set up process. Delete the account, and when you go to add it once again, choose the option for Other Email as opposed to choosing the email icon for Yahoo. You should have more options to configure your account this way, and will still function like normal. Let us know the results, as we would like to get this working for you in the way that you need it! Thank you DrummerBob. Take care.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Cecereg

Good Morning,  I am having the problem of email only going to my cell or my PC, not both.  Depending on which one is on that is where the email goes.  If they are both on the email goes to my cell.   How do I set it up to go to both?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either set your phone e-mail as an IMAP account, or go into your e-mail settings and ensure that the option to 'leave messages on server' is checked.

0 Likes
dbjb

I continue to have similar email problems, and looking on bing, I see threr are many, many people with bith ir either of these problems. It also appears that VZW is not acknowledgeing this system-wide nusiance, rather, when I call for assistance, I am made to feel like I;m the only one in the world with either of these problems:

I use Outlook 2007. These problems occur on both the Mto Razr and Smsn CHarge, no matter if I set it to IMAP or POP. I have deleted the email accounts and reinstalled them , several times.

1. Emails, after being deleting by me on the phone, will reappear days later, over and over again.

2. Deleting emails on the phone will sometimes delete them from Ouitlook. There is no optiion in setting up emails on the phone to prvent this.

SO : VERIZON. HOW 'BOUT PLEASE FIX THIS?

0 Likes
Cecereg

I had some problems with my emails also, Verizon was awesome and did everything they could to help me.  It ended up being an internal problem with my internet company, and once I got through and talked to a very knowledgeable tech, he fixed the problem within 5 minutes.  

0 Likes
scubafc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you.  It is a verizon or Droid issue.  I did not have this problem with AT&T with my iPhone.  If it keeps up, I will go back to AT&T.  I suggest others with this problem threaten to do the same.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scubacfc,

We do not want to see you go. What type of Droid device do you have that is deleting emails from the server? Also what type of email account are you having issues with? Is there more then one type of email account that is deleting emails from the server? Have you tried to set up your email accounts as IMAP account?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes