Does importing Google Contacts to Verizon Cloud Contacts cause duplicate contacts?
JamesVerizon2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello from April 2020!  I am trying to use Verizon Messages from my computer, and realized that my Verizon Cloud doesn't have my Google Contacts.

The solution to How do I sync Google contacts with Verizon Cloud for the Message+ computer app? states that one should export Google Contacts and then import them to Verizon Cloud.

My question:

• If some contacts in my Google Contacts are already in my Verizon Cloud Contacts, will importing cause duplicates?   I don't want to have to comb through hundreds of duplicate contacts.

Aside:

The answer to Syncing contacts with both Google Contacts and Verizon Cloud suggests one may be able to just have Verizon Messages use Google contacts.  Is this possible, or did I misinterpret the answer?

0 Likes
Re: Does importing Google Contacts to Verizon Cloud Contacts cause duplicate contacts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is some good research, JamesVerizon18. There will most likely be duplicates if you do it this way. Is the Message+ app set up on your device? Is that your default messaging app? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Does importing Google Contacts to Verizon Cloud Contacts cause duplicate contacts?
JamesVerizon2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you @pedrom_vzw .  Message+ app is set up on my device and is my default messaging app.

And yes, I tested importing one contact, and I found it did result in having a duplicate contact.  This is too bad, as my Verizon Cloud contacts overlap with my Google Contacts by quite a bit, so I don't want to import all my contacts.

My current solution is to import just the few contacts I am currently texting with.

Hopefully someday Verizon Cloud and Google Contacts will have some way of automatically syncing to prevent this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We're always looking for ways to improve our services and we will make sure to forward this feedback to our peers. We're glad you found a solution in the meantime. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes