Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aha you work for Verizon

Sent from my iPhone

<Moderator note: The only official Employees of Verizon Wireless on this community are indicated by their community rank and avatar.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Believe me when I say I have learned a thing or two today!!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

brshaw wrote:

If you turn off your Verizon service before the end of your service period you will have to pay for the rest of that time even if you don't have service. Verizon has charged for 50 days of service that I didn't even have. I had sent in my payment early as was my custom and they refuse to refund my money.

Yes I know this because I actually READ my contract and the TOS.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If that is the case, they may get the money back as I'm not sure how Verizon would handle money received which hadn't actually been billed yet. Not sure why anyone would do that in the first place.

0 Likes
altaf

If you go to home page and look at bottom for "customer agreement", the verbiage there has was updated 11/29/12.  Leaving Verizon after having been a customer for years... my contract and TOS did not read that I cannot cancel my service in the middle of month!!  Just another profitable "change" Verizon makes and doesn't communicat to existing customers.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The contract is one thing and they only last for 2 yrs.

The "customer agreement" is another thing entirely and changes occasionally. The changes are listed in your bill. Once you pay your bill, you are bound by the new terms. If you are still under contract and the change has a negative financial impact on you, you can get out of your contract without any ETF if Verizon fails to negate the change after you notify them. If you don't read your billing statement to read the notifications, that is not Verizon's fault, but yours.

0 Likes
Not applicable

altaf wrote:

If you go to home page and look at bottom for "customer agreement", the verbiage there has was updated 11/29/12.  Leaving Verizon after having been a customer for years... my contract and TOS did not read that I cannot cancel my service in the middle of month!!  Just another profitable "change" Verizon makes and doesn't communicat to existing customers.

You say it's not communicated but you we able to find it on the website. So the issue is?

0 Likes