Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you ever ask to speak to a supervisor they will put you on hold for at least an hour and then the supervisor will be very rude.

0 Likes
Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract with Verizon was up in August of last year. I was with them for 4 years and 6 months. During all that time I paid early, they had no problems with me. I found a better deal and left them so now they don't want to give me the money they owe me.

0 Likes
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked Verizon up on the Better Business web site. They have more complaints against them than any other wireless service.

0 Likes
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is also in the customer agreement that you pay a month in advance at the beginning. You are due back that month in advance. I have kept very good records and could post every payment I have ever made to Virizon from August 2008 until the present.

0 Likes
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honor the fact that they are in business to make money for services rendered. My phones were turned off for 50 days of service for which I had already paid. I do not believe they have the right to make money when I had no service with them.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I have never had to ask for a supervisor, I don't know about that.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Trying not to upset you, but why would prepay any service ( I know verzion bills a month ahead), sounds like you paid them an extra month, when you don't get a discount for prepaying?

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I guess, just see what happens. I totally understand you being p*ssed. Give it one billing cycle and see what they do, if it is coming, it will take one cycle. Now since you prepaid more than one billing cycle ahead, they may be obligated to give you some thing back.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

brshaw wrote:

It is also in the customer agreement that you pay a month in advance at the beginning. You are due back that month in advance.

No, you are not due back that month in advance.

As an example, you are billed on Feb 15 for service from Feb 15 thru Mar 14. That is a month paid in advance. You cancel on Feb 25. You have already paid for service thru Mar 14. Verizon will not pro-rate your payment and give you a refund. Verizon will keep your entire payment. Any overages you incurred will be billed to you at the end of your billing cycle, however you will NOT be billed for another month of service.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

What if he paid two months in advance?, sounds like that is what he has been doing.

0 Likes