Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you turn off your Verizon service before the end of your service period you will have to pay for the rest of that time even if you don't have service. Verizon has charged for 50 days of service that I didn't even have. I had sent in my payment early as was my custom and they refuse to refund my money.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never sign a contract with Verizon. They will over charge, keep your money and charge for service you didn't receive. Go with Straight Talk. They don't have a contract and you get unlimited for $45 a month.

0 Likes
Re: Does everyone know that you must pay for the rest of the month of service if you turn your phone off before the end of your billing period?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, it is in the customer agreement that you will not be prorated for your last month of service. It has also been discussed on these forums several times. Most people who actually care what they are signing are well aware of this fact.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

How long ago did you cancel the account?

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Actually they will, they refunded me my un-used money when I left last time, cause they do a bill month ahead. They put that in their contracts a matter of legality, It took about two months to get it. Shoot, took them two months to bill me for my new subsidized phone..(LOL)

0 Likes
graysmama
Enthusiast - Level 3

Per their customer agreement though they are not obligated to do so. So even if they did so for you it was likely as a courtesy and they do not have to do so.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

They don't have to, but my experience says they probably will, I know a lot of people look down on Verizon, I believe they do try to do what is right for their customers. Some customers forget they are in business to make money also.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Just by looking in these forums, your experience seems to be the exception, not the norm. You are the 1st person to ever report getting a refund of service cancelled prior to the end of a billing cycle as opposed to several others on here who have not been so lucky. Normally, Verizon will keep the payment as is stated in the customer agreement.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I have gotten that impression that my dealings with verizon are not the norm. I would very much agree with that statement, that is not to say I have not had my issues with them. I left last time cause their customer service rep thoroughly ticked me off, went to Altell, after Altell got bought out by Verizon, their customer service did a complete 180 as far as I am concerned. I would say I have 2 positive dealings with verizon for every negative one. All my negatives have been at Corp store, never a problem on the phone.

0 Likes
brshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I canceled the account on February 1 but had paid through March 19.

0 Likes