Does Verizonn Care for Active Duty Soldiers who pay thier bills?
mvega

I have been a loyal costumer of Verizon for over 13+ years. Over the past couple years since I have been on active duty the phone that I got based on recommendations from sales Verizon people and the replacement insurance package have broken down like nothing I experience before. Three months ago I replaced my Android because of an screen that broke but still I could use phone and see who  call me. Today the same thing happened and I could not use my phone at all. Calls were coming in but I could not so anything about it because screen was blank. I stopped to Verizon store after working and all I could get from them was to file an insurance claim. Yes, I was thinking I was smart after getting insurance and a lucky plan that they offered but it was all BS. Yes I am angry because for the first time in my history of having a phone (my only one) with Verizon and being on Active Duty nothing like that made any sense to them. My phone broke after it just felt from my jacket and I could not make or receive phone calls. Second time this happens in past 5 moths. Verizon or at least the person who took care of me did not care how many years I have been a costumer (big mistake) All he cared was about getting me in touch with insurance company who in order for me to get the same phone they gave me three weeks before I needs to pay $99.00. If I did not choose that I had to pay over $500.00 for a new phone. No care about my history witth them or my active duty status

Regardless of the consequences in my job I chose to walk away and figure another way to communicate at work.  I was appalled that the rep could not even think bout how he could help a loyal costumer and also an Army Active duty Maj to make her job little easier. It was all about money to him and if he could not follow an script not matter who you are it does not matter. Big mistake. You never know who will come across and everyone deserves some understanding specially if this individuals are on active duty. I do not expect special treats but at least some help if I need to wait for 4 days for my replacement pone to come. Give me an option I can afford to keep in touch with my patients and family.

I will never trust another Verizon sells person and at this time all I am waiting for is to get rid of the account I held so dear and near to my heart for so many years. I am on duty for this weekend and I cannot be reached unless I am in a computer checking my e-mails every five minutes. I have an useless phone that I paid insurance for and was replaced three months ago for the same thing to happen again.

Not sure if another company will be better but I am ready to give it a try............

Verizon if you need to get in touch with me the only way you can reach me right now is to e-mail me because all I deserved after 13+ years is to pay for insurance and wait to get a phone On Monday hopefully. In the mean time try to reach me by e-mail

@Sorry if I am angry but after working for 12 hrs all I expected was some compassion and I just got an slap in my face by one of your sells people 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizonn Care for Active Duty Soldiers who pay thier bills?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mvega, we appreciate your loyalty for the past 13 years and thank you for protecting our country. It's important to us that you have a properly working device at all time. However, the insurance feature is provided by our partners, Asurion. As a result, you would be required to speak directly to them to file an insurance claim. For more details regarding this feature, click http://vz.to/1CtbKRb

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Ok first off I will say this to you sir thank you so much for your service in our military. I know how tough it can be in the military. I was never in the military but my father and my three sons were int he military. Now that being said I will say this I think everyone should get discounts with Verizon in which they do military and even other big companies also gives you discounts to show everyone respect. Now I may not be in the military but I do work in a chemical plant with a rotating 12 hour shift and know all about the long 12 hour shifts and being without a phone and how tough that is. But at the same time I do not know if maybe you took things wrong or what but I have had the similar thing happen to me but knew the consequences and what I needed to do to get my phone. You thinking or should I say expecting more from Verizon then what they offer to everyone for being a long time customer or being and active military is just wrong I am sorry sir. I thank you for you service but at the same time you should not get anymore respect than any other great American out there in the world. I am not disrespecting you at all as I thank you for all your military service but do not think you are above anyone else in this nation either.

Edgohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Her request has something to do with her existing insurance not about her being in the military.

<< Comment edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mvega, we appreciate your loyalty for the past 13 years and thank you for protecting our country. It's important to us that you have a properly working device at all time. However, the insurance feature is provided by our partners, Asurion. As a result, you would be required to speak directly to them to file an insurance claim. For more details regarding this feature, click http://vz.to/1CtbKRb

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes