Does Verizon charge for new nano sim card to activate/switch to Nexus 6P?
smilinsam

I want to activate/switch to new Nexus 6P from current Galaxy S4. The 6P needs a nano sim so a direct sim/swap isn't possible. Called Verizon customer service to order one. Initially the rep said it was free, but after writing order he said there would be a charge of ~$7. Is this correct? Recently, my daughter went into a Verizon store to activate her Nexus 5X and the sim card did not cost anything. Anyone else have similar problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon charge for new nano sim card to activate/switch to Nexus 6P?
Tidbits
Legend

Only if it is standard shipping.  If you expedite it then there is a charge from my understanding.  The only reason why I go in store and do it as there is no charge.  Same goes for AT&T and T-Mobile(T-Mobile actually charges for them) when I get sims from there.  Always better to go in then to ship it.  If you don't want to wait 3-4 days then you'll always be charged to expedite it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the charge be for expedited shipping?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smilimsam,

I know it’s crucial to make sure you receive the proper accessories in order for your device to work. I’ve been a similar situation like this before. Allow us to help with this. I do not show that there is a charge for a nano sim card. Did you call Customer Service on our 800 number, or did you contact a store location? Have you tried to refer to a store location to receive the SIM card?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smilinsam

Thanks for the note! I just received the sim via Fedex and you're right, they sent by 2nd day and charged me for that. I'm going to pursue with customer service to see if they will waive the charge. Disappointed in this process!

0 Likes
smilinsam

Thanks for the reply JuanD. I just received the nanosim today and noted that the charge of $7.49 was not for the card but for 2nd day shipping and tax on shipping. I don't feel this is right. The customer service rep (via 800 number) who placed the order did tell me there was a charge but he also said he didn't know what it was for. Very misleading! I'm hoping that Verizon will waive this charge since my wife and I have been loyal customers for many years. If you can help, great! The order is # [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have always walked into a corporate store and got them free.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last time I checked, if customer service mails/ships out an SIM card, they charge for the shipping cost. The SIM card itself was free.

I doubt they will waive the shipping charge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon will send a SIM card to you for your device-used-on-Verizon's-network for free, no charge shipping, no charge for SIM.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Only if it is standard shipping.  If you expedite it then there is a charge from my understanding.  The only reason why I go in store and do it as there is no charge.  Same goes for AT&T and T-Mobile(T-Mobile actually charges for them) when I get sims from there.  Always better to go in then to ship it.  If you don't want to wait 3-4 days then you'll always be charged to expedite it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They have overnighted me 2 SIMs in the past 4 years.  May depend on service issue.  My issue was no service at all versus intermittent service.