Does Verizon accept Blackberry Key2 LE models BBE100-1, 2, 3, 4? I see BBE100-5 is the only one whitelisted.
cltclt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am  looking to upgrade my Blackberry Classic to the Key2 LE but want to make sure I purchase the correct phone that is Verizon compatible. I see Verizon has whitelisted the model BBE-100-5 but there are four other models you can purchase for the LE. Will Verizon now accept all the models (1,2,3,4,5)? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon accept Blackberry Key2 LE models
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! To confirm, we would need to verify by checking the IMEI number of the device to see if it is compatible to use with our network. Is there any way that you can provide us with the IMEI number to check on this for you? You can also see if your device is compatible to use with our network by clicking here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod#/ DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
cltclt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sellers of Blackberry Key 2 LEs will not share the IMEI number prior to purchase. It is very frustrating that Verizon will only sell the Key 2 LE to business accounts. I called and tried to purchase a phone and was told I could not buy the Key 2 LE unless I established a business account. Ridiculous because the Verizon rep said they had Key2 LEs in stock that were Verizon compatible and they are just sitting in stock not being sold. I would hope Verizon would switch this policy so the general public can buy Blackberry phones.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is valuable, cltclt. While you are correct that this model is available only for Business Accounts, we know that some consumers want to stay within the Blackberry lineup. While we know this isn't the news you hoped for, we will lift up your feedback to our marketing team for further review.

LynnE_VZW

Darkstar057
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same, blackberry Key2s are being sold on eBay for $800-$2500 bucks, I have been scammed twice on other sites. How much is a business account? How do I get information on getting a business account and can you confirm that a blackberry key2 will be available for me if I sign up immediately?  Thanks!

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes