Re: Does SideSync use data from my phone's plan when connected to a PC, or does it use the internet connection of the PC? I want to be sure I'm not running up my data by using SideSync.
mojoflash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, so, I understand that running SideSync doesn't use my data, but what about the apps I run while I have my phone connected to my PC? Let's say I open Slacker on my phone FROM my PC screen. Are the apps I'm opening via my PC using data, or are they also using the PC's internet connection? That's what I was trying to ask in the original post, but it was a little too complicated to word until after it was understood that the SideSync app doesn't use data if I'm connected to a PC. Does any of this make sense? Haha.

0 Likes
Re: Does SideSync use data from my phone's plan when connected to a PC, or does it use the internet connection of the PC? I want to be sure I'm not running up my data by using SideSync.
Tidbits
Legend

As long as tethering isn't enabled you are fine.

If you are using on screen phone thing that uses the cable to show that stuff. If you don't have WiFi and using your phone for slacker it will eat data as your phone is using said data not side sync

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the app is opened on the phone itself using SideSync, it will use whatever data connection the phone is using. Wi-Fi will be preferred if it's connected, followed by mobile data. The phone's screen itself will continue to transmit through the USB connection.

0 Likes
mojoflash
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, when my phone is connected to my PC through SideSync, it's not using the PC's internet connection? My PC is hardwired internet, not wifi, by the way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Correct each uses their own connections.

0 Likes