Docking station for my Droid
justone1

Since the update, when I place my Droid in the docking station the Droid does not have the display for the Date, Time and weather any longer. I never downloaded an app for this function, when I purchased the docking station, I just placed my Droid on the docking station the screen would change to the date, time and weather until I would undock or use an app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Docking station for my Droid
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello justone1. I have read your post and understand the issues you are experiencing with your Droid device. Since you have had the update on your phone and the device is no longer showing the time, date or weather you will want to perform a hard reset which will reset back your phone back to the factory settings. Here are the steps to a hard reset:

1. Turn off the Droid. If you are unable to turn off the Droid, remove the battery for 10 seconds, then replace it.
  2. Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
  3. Press the Volume Up and then the Camera button at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
  4. You have now entered Recovery Mode.
  5. Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you'll lose everything if you hard reset the phone! i REALLY wish they would mention that before suggesting it as their only solution. wait to see if anyone else has a better suggestion.

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

When performing a hard reset on your device be sure to remove your SD card so it will not remove your memory.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

A hard reset SHOULD NOT erase your SD Card, but I pulled mine just to be sure.

0 Likes