Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)
pittsleyb

The Eris will work just fine for me until Verizon picks up the Nexus One.

http://www.phoneinferno.com

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

If that's your attitude then you will always feel burned, new phones come out all the time. At some point you have to make the jump...if you are constantly waiting for the next big phone, you'll never have it!

0 Likes
old_man-58

I am thrilled that Android operating system is growing like wild fire, The Moto DROID will have the new OS and IMHO better hardware.

If nothing changed we would all still be using MSDOS 5.0 and 8088 CPU at 800MHz, I remember when that was fast...

Keep it coming Google........

You know these new phones can be run on "any" network CDMA or GSM.....

0 Likes
hamesworth

Yes.  I bought the Droid last week because Apple renewed their contract with AT and T.  I already sent in my rebate because I figured this would be the best thing for now.  DANGIT.  So is it possible to return it and just go back to my old phone for a while?

0 Likes
bufbarnaby

Has anyone seen a review of Nexus One to see if you can voice dial from BT headset ?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

hamesworth wrote:

Yes.  I bought the Droid last week because Apple renewed their contract with AT and T.  I already sent in my rebate because I figured this would be the best thing for now.  DANGIT.  So is it possible to return it and just go back to my old phone for a while?

You have 30 days to test out a phone. So yes you could take it back. You might have to actually pick out another new different phone instead. You could always say you want to save your upgrade to this new Nexus instead.

0 Likes
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

My Droid Eris has its issues, but it should suffice for the time being.  I bought it knowing full well the hardware limitations, because the software (i.e. HTC Sense) was more important to me than the hardware.  The HTC Sense interface blew away the stock Android OS (questionable now with 2.1 on the Nexus One) and the phone itself was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye for me.  Plus, I hate physical keyboards, especially ones as crappy as the one on the Droid.

I personally think the Nexus One should have been the ultimate Android phone released by Verizon, not the Droid.  Its form factor makes it more direct competition to the iPhone.  I'm most likely definitely sold on it when it comes out, but of course, I'm still in contract with the Eris, and don't plan on paying the ETF.  However, I definitely made the right choice by getting the Eris with just a 1-year contract, because I knew there would be a much more powerful HTC Android phone coming to Verizon sometime early this year.  Granted, I won't be able to get it until this coming November, but that's not too big of a deal.  Besides, the Droid Eris should be getting a 2.1 upgrade soon as well, as promised by HTC.  If it performs well on the Eris, I probably won't have a problem waiting until November to get the Nexus One.

0 Likes