Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Member

Not burned, but very warm and fuzzy.

 

My DROID, is an experience we have just begun what will be long and happy relationship, even when the road is bumpy and problems arise.:smileyvery-happy:

 

I walked into the DROID with my eyes wide open and the knowledge that with technology if I purchase a deivce in the morning someone will release an improved model in the afternoon.:smileysurprised:

 

The cutting edge moves at lightening speed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Member

No i dont feel cheated because its the same phone as the droid except for no keyboard. The software is practically identical. The droid is fast enough so i dont  think the snapdragon is going to make that much of a difference. I mean really, how fast do you want your phone to be? The droid is too fast for me now and don't forget about android 2.1. When that is released, it will be like getting a  new phone all over again. Don't forget this phone has got so much support behind it that it is not even funny. So you will see more updates, more changes and way better apps in the future.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Novice

 


snorkel wrote:

Pretty sure the Nexus One will be GSM only.  CDMA is going to be dead anyway when they go to LTE.

 

GSM based systems are the standard around the world, not CDMA.

 

It will probably support all the Tmobile and AT&T freqs in a single version of the phone.


 

1700mhz so Tmobile only or at least in its current form.

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Novice

 


yellowboy74 wrote:

No i dont feel cheated because its the same phone as the droid except for no keyboard. The software is practically identical. The droid is fast enough so i dont  think the snapdragon is going to make that much of a difference. I mean really, how fast do you want your phone to be? The droid is too fast for me now and don't forget about android 2.1. When that is released, it will be like getting a  new phone all over again. Don't forget this phone has got so much support behind it that it is not even funny. So you will see more updates, more changes and way better apps in the future.


 

Not to mention that with the sales of the Droid which by all indications has been pretty darned good the  attention Android is getting will just further the development and progress that much faster.  The fact that the Droid got a Vanilla unmodified version of the Android OS means that we will likely get updates much faster.  That is a very good thing.  By the 2 year mark we may not be getting updates anymore but it will be time for us to start being frustrated again. 

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

I do feel burned.  Even though I just picked up the Eris last week, I love 96 out of 100 things about, and those 4 things were things that the rumored HTC Dragon/Nexas1 would have fixed.

 

Like I said, love my Eris but would have been evenhappier with the Dragon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Sr. Member

 


agirlcalledbob wrote:

I do feel burned.  Even though I just picked up the______ last week, I love 96 out of 100 things about, and those 4 things were things that the rumored ___ _____/_____1 would have fixed.

 

Like I said, love my ____ but would have been even happier with the _____.


 

Forgetting the small grammar mistakes, take whatever you just said, And type in any Phone/Manufaturer and anyone can say that. Fact is the Nexus is gonna be out and a few months later a better phone will come out. It's still Android Bare bones, so you'll get the same functionality -- heck you'll even get that update (Flan 2.1). But, you just have to be satisfied with what you have now.

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Novice

I wouldn't say burned since I didn't pick anything up yet, but quite agitated.  I saw the pictures back in October and I held tight, only to find out it's going somewhere else.  Crap.  Didn't like the Droid and I don't want a keyboard.  Love the Eris in most part because I love HTC's build and their Sense UI, but 3.2" is just too small of a display size, plus HVGA isn't good enough.  I want an HTC high-end Android phone, no keyboard, with a screen size in the 3.7" or so range with WVGA resolution.  Thought this was coming in the near future based on rumor mill, but clearly what I thought was Verizon-bound is not.  Love everything about the Nexus One except the lame duck mobile provider.  Keep waiting, I guess.

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Novice

supitsmike wrote:

 


agirlcalledbob wrote:

I do feel burned.  Even though I just picked up the______ last week, I love 96 out of 100 things about, and those 4 things were things that the rumored ___ _____/_____1 would have fixed.

 

Like I said, love my ____ but would have been even happier with the _____.


 

Forgetting the small grammar mistakes, take whatever you just said, And type in any Phone/Manufaturer and anyone can say that. Fact is the Nexus is gonna be out and a few months later a better phone will come out. It's still Android Bare bones, so you'll get the same functionality -- heck you'll even get that update (Flan 2.1). But, you just have to be satisfied with what you have now.

 


Supitsmike,

I think you have a good bit of knowledge of the Android phones. You have even helped me out a time or two. For that I would like to thank you. I do however need to mention that when you say things like "Forgetting the small grammar mistakes" it is somewhat annoying. I don't believe that people come on here to be corrected about their grammar. Most people are on here looking for advice or sharing their experiences. Nothing more, nothing less. I may be alone in feeling this way, but felt the need to say it. Please just stick to advice. There is no need to disparage people.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Member

Snorkel, you need to get your tech facts straight. CDMA isn't dead, its what all 3G is based on.

 

ATT and TMO, etc, use WCDMA for their 3G service. Verizon and Sprint use EVDO (a different type of CDMA).

 

LTE is an advanced form of CDMA based on OFDMA.

 

At the 3G level its no longer GSM vs CDMA, its one flavor of CDMA vs another.

 

GSM  - which is the old GPRS and EDGE stuff - is based on TDMA (time division instead of code division) and it just can't give you the data speeds that CDMA based systems can. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do you feel burned knowing Nexus One is here soon ? (Google-Phone)

Sr. Member

BufBarnaby:

No. I gave up feeling burnedwhen  I bought my 4th Moto brick phone in 1996 and the Star Tac came out a month later. Droid Eris is just fine, hopefully better with the coming updates. You can't afford to keep "The Latest Thing".  (Almost) No one can.

 

Supitsmike:

Yer posting style is just fine, keep it up. The truth has a bad habit of hurting.

 

Geri O

0 Likes