Do the droid phones sync with my Microsoft Outlook like my Blackberry does?
gr8fandini

My Blackberry syncs with my Microsoft outlook on my computer and transferrs contact list changes, additions, ect.. to my computer, or from my computer to my phone. It also shares calender info, appt. etc. Do the droid phones do this? Bottom line is that the blackberry phones have great business features and applications, I don't want to lose these if I go to a diiferent phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do the droid phones sync with my Microsoft Outlook like my Blackberry does?
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes. it is not quite as seemless as blackberry though.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/General-Android-Questions/contacts-sync/m-p/180736/highlight/true#M5404

this is one way.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
gr8fandini

I like simple, Blackberry plugs into USB and sync's automatically. Don't really like the idea of going around my elbow to get to my ###.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

gr8fandini wrote:

I like simple, Blackberry plugs into USB and sync's automatically.

Then check out CompanionLink.  It will manually sync directly via USB or do a full two-way automatic sync via Google.

Go to Companionlink.com - it's not in the Market

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....these were just 2 examples to show you it can, in fact, be done. i don't use it so i'm not familiar. i'm sure there are plenty of ways to sync it....some easier than others.

0 Likes
gr8fandini

Is going thru google the only way to link these 2 devices? On the blackberry you install an app on your computer that comes with the phone. Just pop in the cd-rom, configure it and every night when I come in I can plug it up to the computer, it syncs everything and charges the phone at the same time. I kinda like the simplicity of it. If the blackberry storm I have didn't lock up all the time when going on to the browser or downloading and sometimes using many of the apps and require me to disassemble the otterbox, remove and reinstall the battery and reassemble the otterbox every couple of days I would be happy with what I have and not be looking for a different device. Like the features of the blackberry, just wish it worked properly.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

from what john posted (above) it looks like companionlink will do it directly or through google....whichever way you prefer. it seems it would not be any more difficult then what you are currently doing...since you already have to plug in your current device.

0 Likes