Re: Disney+ Promotion is not working!
dantechsystems
Enthusiast - Level 2

All your FAQ's do is repeat the steps that cause the problem.  You don't actually troubleshoot the issue.  The problem is a MACK file called OST224799 that needs to be filled out manually if the user cannot create an account through the app. My Disney+ support rep told me this and it fixed the issue immediately. 

0 Likes
dantechsystems
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support reps are not fully informed on this issue.  I had the same problem so I called Verizon and they refered me to Verizon Disney+ Support.  The nice gentleman informed me that the root cause of the issue when this happens, is internal to Verizon.  The solution is that the Verizon rep needs to update a MACK file called OST224799.  When they complete this for you on the phone, the system then lets you create a login and password without being prompted to pay a trial or annual subscription.   He did it for me and it worked instantly.

0 Likes
lornab1971
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!  i have been bounced multiple times between verizon and disney plus since Dec 14th.  Verizon says i have a code, so they are "done" nothing more they can do...and Disney plus says they don't see that code associated with my account and only verizon can fix it.  Pretty bad customer service experience.  

I finally convinced a help guy tonight (after going through all the same song and dance and troubleshooting steps i've done multiple times before. ) that this needs escalation...he escalated me to tier 2 and I'm still sitting on hold...it's been 1 hour and 18 minutes so far.   

If this is supposed to be a customer perk...epic fail.  I get paid by the hour and have wasted no less than 10 on calls back and forth with this... hugely disappointed.  I'm going to let the holde music keep playing until i go to bed or someone picks up.

Verizon...surely someone at the company can help?  I''ve already lost a month of the free promotion, 10+ hours of frustration on the phone, i'm left out of conversations with friends because they can all watch programs I can't, etc... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lornab1971, we truly value your time & we're very sorry that you've gone through so much trouble with trying to obtain the Disney+ promotion. This should be a smooth process. Please review the steps in this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/disney-faqs/ & can you please fill us in on what exactly the problem is? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Dansailski
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what I had to do, so the promo would work. Do not agree to the 1-week free trail!

0 Likes
rcrose

How did you get it to work without agreeing to the 1 week free trial then? use the year purchase? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rcrose,

Disney+ is a great way to pass the time these days, and I'm sorry to hear there are issues getting the promotion up and running. To begin, were you able to successfully add the promotion within your My Verizon account? Steps for registration are in the link below, under the 'Eligibility and sign up’ section, question #2: http://spr.ly/66051tjDb.

Also, are you on one of the qualifying plans? This is shown in the same section of the link, but question #1. We'll be standing by to assist further, as needed. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
YADJUNK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't even add it... the menu option the instructions suggested didn't exist, when I went about it another way I would get an error trying to "addon" disney plus.  4hrs... and trying the app, the website... and we couldn't get it (chat help)... was escalated but I was so annoyed the tech credited my account for the money to sign up with disney plus... sooo much simpler.   Their website is horrific.  Painful to navigate, inconsistentand nonfunctional on this.  What should have been a nice perk...just frustrated the heck out of me.

YADJUNK_0-1593539279721.pngYADJUNK_1-1593539323437.png

(notice no "addons" on drop down"--yes disney plus is listed at bottom but when you click the link..

YADJUNK_2-1593539380176.png

they tell me to add unlimited (already have)...but if you realize they are masters of poor website design and scroll to bottom... voila they seem to give you a way to sign up (woot)...oh wait -- that leads to the error message (first pic posted).  Awesome job verizon!  UGH

YADJUNK_3-1593539456917.png

YADJUNK
Enthusiast - Level 2

your instructions are incorrect... you state for the website select plan...then addons...there is not addons under the plan... And, when you do work around this misinformation...it doesn't work ..just errors out trying to addit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Most of our qualifying customers took advantage of the Disney+ promotion. While there were definitely some customers had trouble adding Disney+, many were able to add it without an issue. 

I want to make sure that you get the support that you need. To clarify, did you still need assistance with Disney+?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes