Re: Difficulty receiving messages and making calls. LG Enact, KitKat Update
d_rail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another idea I had was to constantly return the refurbished LG Enact Verizon sends me.  They would charge me for shipping (next day FedEx), but it might be worth it.  After awhile, I think they would either drop my account or catch on that there is a problem with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yellolabs, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. The software update may be conflicting with 3rd party applications that have been downloaded to your device. Let's try running your device in safe mode which places your phone in a diagnostic state. Press and hold the Power button. Select and hold Power OFF. From the Reboot to safemode screen, tap OK. The device will restart in Safe Mode. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
d_rail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, we got Verizon to return.  I will try this, too.

0 Likes
d_rail
Enthusiast - Level 2

I rebooted to safe mode.  I know it is in safe mode because there is a "Safe Mode" label on the bottom left of the screen.  I was still able to use XiiaLive, though.  I was able to reproduce the problem.  However, I know it is not just XiiaLive causing the issue because we have two other people with similar problems that have not said they use XiiaLive like I do.  Hopefully, your solution won't be to not use that app, because I use it every time I'm in my car.  I prefer to listen to radio streams than antenna radio.

Semi related question, will LG Enacts receive Android 5?

0 Likes
d_rail
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Melissa on chat and she told me LG is still reviewing the update so it will take time to receive an Android update.

0 Likes
d_rail
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last update:

I had Verizon send me another LG Enact.  I wanted to see if a pre-Kit-Kat Android version would work with the phone.  I was told the phone was going to have Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) installed.  Unfortunately, it had Android 4.4.2.  I proceeded to install xiialive and connect my car's bluetooth.  I played a radio station and, again, calling is broken.

Well, after 3 LG Enacts, 2 sim cards, 3 unhelpful calls to Verizon support, and 1 terrible call to LG, I've had it.  I went back to the Verizon store where I bought the wretched device.  I haggled with the sales person (saying that I needed a refund, knowing full gd well that was not an option).  There is a 14 day limit to returns, but I explained to him that I've had 3 LG Enacts with all the same problem.  The awesome manager allowed me to return the LG Enact for $50 off of a another device.  You might be able to get a better deal if you are a better haggler.

I didn't tell him about having to use xiialive to cause the problem.  First because, it would be harder to get a return.  Second, Verizon and LG don't seem to care.

Needless to say, I jumped at the offer (there was still a $35 restocking fee, but no $30 upgrade fee).   I bought a Moto X (2nd gen).  It currently has Android 4.4.2 installed.  When I got it home, I installed xiialive, connected my car's bluetooth and played a radio station.  Now the moment, I've been waiting for.  Does calling still work?  Of course.  Plus, the Android 5 update is waiting to be installed.

Good luck to other people who bought the LG Enact.  Try to get store credit or refund and buy something besides LG.

0 Likes
ljordan55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey verizonwireless.com  I am having this same issue.  My phone receives calls for a few days, then all of a sudden, phone rings, answer, and you cannot talk or hear the other person.  Restarting the phone solves the problem every time.  As i can see from other posts that resetting my phone or getting a new sim card is not fixing the problem.  Please figure out this issue.  I really like this phone since it is one of the few with a QWERTY keyboard.  Maybe android  update would do the trick?

0 Likes