Did a dumb thing
pthandy

I have a s3 I picked up a couple of weeks ago, I think I did kind of a dumb thing.  I deleted Backup Assistant Plus from my apps and widgets and can't seem to get them back. Checked in Google play, but everytime search for BAP+ it keeps giving me the cloud.  I remember the icon distinctly said BAP+.  I can use it, I just don't have the shortcuts.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did a dumb thing
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You have 2 choices here

1) Factory Data Reset which will wipe the phone and put it back to new out of th ebox status

2) leave Backup Assistant off of your phone and use the more reliable Google or gMail backup for contacts. It is a ton better then Backup Assistant

0 Likes
Did a dumb thing
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I agree, you are far better off just making sure you input all contacts as google contacts.  But, I'd be willing to bet you didn't completely delete BAP off your phone.  My first assumption (based on knowing absolutely NOTHING of your knowledge of Android) is that you just removed it from your homescreen.  If this is the case, you can find it in your app drawer.  Press and hold the icon to place it back on your homescreen. 

The next option could be that you disabled it (which would also remove it from the app drawer, but it still exists on your phone).  Press menu>settings>manage applications, make sure you are on the all tab (top of screen), scroll down and select BAP.  In here you can enable the app and it will reappear in your app drawer. 

Third option would be that it was actually uninstalled (though I have a feeling that if you were able to accomplish this, you wouldn't be asking this question here).  If you open the Play Store app, you can press menu>my apps.  This will bring up a list of all apps on your phone.  If you swipe to the right, you can see every app you have ever installed on your phone.  I have yet to figure out how these apps are arranged, so you will just have to scroll through the list til you find it.

But again, I will say it is much better to go with the gmail backup.

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Did you  go(log)  into your MYVERIZON and check if the BUA is running with the contacts..?

0 Likes
pthandy

Yes it is. It seems to be acting fairly normally. The only prob is that none of the icons appear anywhere, except in settings, so I can’t seem to get it back on the home page and it doesn’t appear in applications.

0 Likes
pthandy

Thanks, I don’t have my contacts in google, just on the phone, and haven’t decided if I want to use google.

I looked in the places you suggested; it does not appear there. The only place it shows up is under settings\applications\running and all.

I just remembered that I think I read that with this op system it doesn’t appear on the home screen or in apps. I’m gonna go find that post again.

If you think of anything else let me know.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes