Deleted emails reappear in my inbox?
Barkerjoh

NNot sure why my deleted emails reappear in my inbox?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted emails reappear in my inbox?
Snn5
Legend

Do you have the email settings set to erase on server from either the app or by logging in on a fullpage browser and adjusting settings?  Otherwise, the emails will resync from the server everytime you delete from phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do you have the email settings set to erase on server from either the app or by logging in on a fullpage browser and adjusting settings?  Otherwise, the emails will resync from the server everytime you delete from phone.

0 Likes
rclay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure how you do this.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most likely easiest to visit a fullpage desktop browser and go to the email service you use and go into settings there or settings on the app and tell the app to retain a copy on the server.  This means the phone wont resync the email but it will still be available from elsewhere.  Sometimes, if your sync time is set to minute increments instead of push (instant) then if you delete from the app and refresh, you might see the message pop up again until it resyncs your latest actions.

0 Likes
rclay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

3Droid4sAndCounting

wrong, pick an email or more to delete then delete them. stay in that mailbox don't do anything else look. look at the bottom of the screen. you will see a black toast in Android the gives you the opportunity to undo your deletion. don't do anything. just wait for the information toast to disappear it will take a full 15 seconds. what's the opportunity to undo your deletion disappears, then it is safe to exit the email app and do whatever you want to do those emails will not come back to your inbox

currently this is the only work around that works there is no fix and no one that Google knows why emails come back to the inbox. no one that Google knows why waiting until the toasted is the fix.

it's best for us to not ask why just be glad they're finally is a way to fix the issue albeit it takes 15 seconds I'l every time you delete anything from the inbox.

0 Likes