Default notification sounds not working. Nokia
Jacobtbowman

Screenshot_20200704-233755.png

 my Default notifications are not working for my message+. I haveWhave checked the settings in the app, clear the cache and reset my phone but the notification sounds won't work. I go to the settings of the phone and change the default notification sounds, when I select a tone it doesn't play. Above is a photo of the default notification sounds in the settings, normally when you select a tone you can hear a preview of the sound but when I select a sound I hear nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Default notification sounds not working. Nokia
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Jacobtbowman. We want to make sure you are able to hear when you are getting a new message. We can certainly help with this. To clarify, is your volume turned up when you select this option? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Jacobtbowman

Yes my volume is up. My ring and alarm sounds play. My notifications sounds won't play.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I must say this is odd indeed. I am sure we will figure it out. Is everything else working sound wise? If they are then please uninstall Verizon Messages + and add it back. Once you have done that then please try again. Please keep me posted. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Jacobtbowman

If I unistall Message+ will I lose all my saved texts?

0 Likes
Jacobtbowman

Also it's not just my text's (message+), my facebook messenger doesn't make a notification sound as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jacobtbowman

We want to make sure that you don't lose any important text messages. When uninstalling an application, you may lose saved data for that application. 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes