Dead Battery Again
MerlinGuy24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD - Software upgraded to KitKat May 22, 2014

So, ever since the update was installed (which took 1.5 hours to install) I have had constant issues with having to charge my Droid.  I can use the phone for about maybe a couple of hours and then I have to plug the phone back in to charge again.  BEFORE the update, I could charge my phone over night as usual and the next morning at 5 a.m. unplug the phone and I could use apps during the day and by the end of the day still have at least 35% of a battery.  Now, I given the same time frame, I have to recharge every two or three hours.

What's up with this update and what issues are being taken to resolve it.  This was such an awesome phone before the update and now it is becoming a nightmare to use.  Please, help all of us with this because I have been a committed Verizon customer for a very long time.

P.S. I have already completed a Factory Reset twice and the issue still has not been resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dead Battery Again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching outMerlinGuy24.
I'm sorry your having battery issues. Are there any third party apps that came back after the reset? Try powering the device in safe mode and retesting. Here's how: http://bit.ly/UoNTah How long does the battery last in Safe mode?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FoodSnob

Thanks for posting this, because every rep at Verizon keeps telling me they have heard no issues of this sort (do they nto check their own boards or google), and that there are not notices that they have seen..BS!!!

I also love how they try to push issues off on Android...while this MAY be the case in this instance, we ALL KNOW that verizon "tweaks" the software to their liking...

I have done the suggested "safe mode" and letting the battery totally go flat (not like I had a choice in several instance) with no change in behavior...I have even removed apps that I was able to put on my tablet...perhaps if they gave us the option to delete the crap/bloatware they load on the phones, I might not be so pissed off over this whole issue...

I started today, at 7:30 at 100%...did a few texts...maybe 5, and took one short call, and my phone was dead before 6:00 pm...really?

Somebody needs to get this damn problem fixed...I am not always where a battery charger can be plugged in...

Come on verizon...we know your customer service is lacking, but face the fact that people have issues with this "update" and either get it fixed, or give us a way to roll it back to the previous version!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of your battery issue FoodSnob! I'd like you to run a simple battery test for me. When your phone is charged to at least 50%, please dial #2539 Send, and keep the call connected for 10 minutes. Note the battery percentage before & after the call. If your battery drops more than 6%, it may be deffective. Please keep us posted with the results, so we can assist from there.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FoodSnob

Just noticed this was still here...in this particular case, Verizon was useless, but I did get the problem rectified with help from Motorola.

0 Likes
FoodSnob

Merlin...not sure if you got your issue resolved, but in my particular case, Verizon was unable to assist me...You might want to go to Motorola and get support from them...they were EXTREMELY Helpful...They helped me resolve my battery issues (I wish I had kept the process written down somewhere, if I did I'm not sure where I put it), but since I completed it, my battery life is even better than before...

0 Likes