Data Widget Doesn't Automaticaly Update
pahunterguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Data Widget on my Galaxy S4 and my wife's Note 3. I have noticed that it never updates itself. The only way to find out how much usage I have is to touch it. I have left it alone for days on end and it remains the same until I touch it. Is there any way to get this widget to update itself every day or a couple times a day? I don't really care about mine, but my wife has went from unlimited to limited data usage and I need to make sure she knows how much data she has used each month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data Widget Doesn't Automaticaly Update
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I like the data widget to keep track of usage, but as tikibar said, it doesn't auto update.  While that would seem to be a given (in my mind) for a data app, it isn't the way it works now.  You need to tap it to refresh and get the current usage.  I've gotten used to doing that...  

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The automatic updating of the widget stopped some time ago with an update.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I like the data widget to keep track of usage, but as tikibar said, it doesn't auto update.  While that would seem to be a given (in my mind) for a data app, it isn't the way it works now.  You need to tap it to refresh and get the current usage.  I've gotten used to doing that...  

pahunterguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely understand how to update it, I just would think that Verizon could fix it so it updates itself, like it did in the past. Otherwise, I can use MyVerizon to check usage if I have to touch something to view the updated information. A widget that doesn't work isn't a widget, it is an icon.

000gina000
Enthusiast - Level 2

After Verizon intorduced its "Share Everything" scam plan, the widget no longer updates automatically.  Thankfully, there are other apps that will do it such as My Data Manager.  I have found it to be quite accurate.

0 Likes
jeff22030

Glasswire works well, too.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes