Data Usage?
truck34392

I just downloaded My Data Manager and it shows something called wI0.1 using 91% of my data. Does anyone know what this is?  My device seems to go through a lot of data lately I don't do a lot of videos... mostly facebook and games on my hot spot.  I have restricted background data.  But this still shows very high usage... confused as to what wI0.1 is and if I can do something to change the amount of data being used

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage?
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

what you mean you downloaded your data manager???? you downloaded a data manager app?   the phone should already have a devcice/ data manger, no need to download an app ( there are man good ones though task killers, cache cleaners)  in the phone device manager/task manager. for most androids its acessed by holding down the home button for a few seconds,  you can view active apps, uninstall downloaded apps, close active apps, clear RAM and get tips on conserving battery.

wl0.1 is a wireless internet connecting .its coming from your router, so this isn't useing your verizon wireless data. this is wifi basically. if you go to settings - data usage /mobile data. you can view a bar graph of data being used. click the mneu button and you can choose to view wifi data.  so this is an approx of your cellular data ( Verizon) and then you can see the wifi data.

if your concerend about apps running under the setting on your phone there is an application manager, there is running, downloaded and all. (stopped caterogy as will if you have stopped any)  under runnning there are going to be all the proccesses that are running, many you don't want to touch.   if there is an anp that should be running or you don't want but is pre installed in phone you go to that same app under the downloaded category- first clear data- uninstal updates and force stop or stop. you might get message /warning , disregaurd

again you can use the settings already on your phone to conserve data and stop running apps.   data usage, application manger andt the home button (task /device manager) i'm not sure what you downloaded

0 Likes