Data & Cell Signals are Weak
XphileFan

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Issue started this morning. My cell phone signal has been weak. Message+ has been switching to WiFi intermittently. Data signal has been mostly at 3G, but should be 4G LTE. I have been inside and outside at work and home. (Zips 08053 & 08060). Also my email app that came with the phone has not been able to connect to the client server (comcast) since this morning, but using the xfinity app on the phone works. I use WiFi at home, data at work. Is there a problem in the area?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data & Cell Signals are Weak
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

XphileFan,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you. Does the phone seem to get a better signal when you reboot it? Do you know of other users having the same issue in the area by chance?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
XphileFan

My daughter had an iPhone and had been experiencing the same issues with days and cell signal strength. I have rebooted my phone several times throughout the day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful Kimberly, thanks. You indicate that your daughter had an iPhone, is that phone no longer activate?

No service issues are noted for the Marlton and Mount Holly areas. Let's reset the connection to the network and test: power off, remove the SIM card for one minute, insert SIM card, power on. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure when you take out the Sim card you keep the battery out also for a minute or so.

0 Likes
XphileFan

It was a typo. She has an iPhone. I will try to reset the Sim card.

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok let us know if it helps.

0 Likes
XphileFan

Unfortunately, it did not help. Still on 3G more so than 4G. Cell phone

signal is not consistently strong. It fluctuates from one bar to four.

0 Likes