DROID
TJames15

I have a few questions regarding a few of the Android deices available on Verizon wireless.

First do all the Android devices work flawlessly with bluetooth as i would like to hook up my phone with my Ford fusion and be able to have phone conversations and listen to my music through the sync which does not work properly with my current phone (Palm Treo 700wx running windows mobile 5.0). 

Secondly with my Treo i had all my corporate emails and my calendar synced to my phone and will I be able to do that with all Android devices (I went into a Verizon store a couple days ago and a sales rep. was telling me i would need a $20 touchdown app which i had never herd of before).

Thirdly which device would you recommend and why? (what are the advantages over the others). I would use this phone primarily for phone conversations and email. Here are the ones i'm trieng to chose from

-Motorola DROID X

-Motorola DROID 2

-HTC DROID Incredible

and possible the LG Ally?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DROID
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

TJames15 wrote:

I have a few questions regarding a few of the Android deices available on Verizon wireless.

First do all the Android devices work flawlessly with bluetooth as i would like to hook up my phone with my Ford fusion and be able to have phone conversations and listen to my music through the sync which does not work properly with my current phone (Palm Treo 700wx running windows mobile 5.0). 

Secondly with my Treo i had all my corporate emails and my calendar synced to my phone and will I be able to do that with all Android devices (I went into a Verizon store a couple days ago and a sales rep. was telling me i would need a $20 touchdown app which i had never herd of before).

Thirdly which device would you recommend and why? (what are the advantages over the others). I would use this phone primarily for phone conversations and email. Here are the ones i'm trieng to chose from

-Motorola DROID X

-Motorola DROID 2

-HTC DROID Incredible

I'm still pretty new to Android, and I have an LG Ally.  I will try to answer what I can.

1.  I never use my bluetooth, so I can't help you there.

2.  On my Ally, when I set up my email it asks what type of email I'm using - POP, Exchange, etc.  My office has a webmail exchange address for employees to access there work email on their home computers, so I was able to set up my work email as an "exchange" and I have no problems syncing my work email and corporate calendar WITHOUT BUYING ANY APP or paying an extra fee.  It works great, and I often get my email on my Ally, before it shows up on my computer.  BTW, I also have my home email (POP) set up on my Ally, and it works great too.

3.  I have no opinion on the other Android devices as I've never used them.  I love my Ally and wouldn't trade it for the world - even though not all has been a bed of roses.  I primarily use it for the phone, email, texting, a little gaming, and a little surfing.  I don't watch videos, or play RPG-type games, so I don't need all the extra junk.  The best feature is the slide-out keyboard which for me was absolutely essential - former Blackberry slave, so I needed real keys.  I tried the keyboard on my friend's original DROID and it was dreadful. 

My recommendation is that you go to a Verizon store and spend time - a lot of time - playing with the phones themselves.  You need to be comfortable with all of the features before you make an informed choice.  Also, there are a lot of Android forums and news sites that you may want to check out before you buy. 

Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

"if you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning..."

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

I have found a link to the FORD website ( http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/FeatureSupport.aspx ) that will help you with important info and questions about syncing bluetooth to your FUSION.  I see that  you are already using the corporate email feature, the price should remain the same for you. As far as the phone that I would recommend for you, Its hard say.  I do not own one of the phones but I think you would enjoy one of them. I would like to suggest the same thing that Harley_Chick suggested, go into the store. The stores have the phones on display. 

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

TJames15 wrote:

-Motorola DROID X

-Motorola DROID 2

-HTC DROID Incredible

I have the Moto Droid, the ORIGINAL OG.

1. i have a 2010 Dodge Caliber and my Droid syncs with my UConnect flawlessly.  Clarity is great and it syncs once i start the vehicle.

2.  Depending on which phone you get, 2.2 allows corporate email. i unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, dont use it so i am unsure of how easy it is to setup.

3.  The Original Droid is the best, but i am a little biased.  but my Droid will not be able to get the next update, Gingerbread, because i lack the sufficient specs to properly run the program. so you should cross that off your list.  then eliminate the Ally and Incredible because will probably be discontinued faster than the Eris was, IMHO.

That leaves the X and 2.  it looks as if the X has a better internal memory. but i guess the vanilla answer will come down to its how you like the feel of the phone. because when the day is done, it will be your phone for two years. i suggest going to a verizon store and try them out.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Each of the phones you mentioned have different styles and a special uniqueness about them. I would not suggest getting the Ally.  Can I ask have you ever had a touch screen phone at all before? It seems like you haven't but I could be wrong. If you have not I suggest getting the Droid 2. I think that by having a physical slider keyboard on the phone it'll suit you better. You should go to your local Verizon store though.  Really get a feel for the phones you mentioned. Play around with the phones on display.

0 Likes
TJames15

thanks guys for the info right no i have a partially touch screen phone with a physical keyboard. thanks also to the person who said that corporate e-mail is only supported with firmware 2.2 that helps a lot. on another do any of you know how they stack up on battery life?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

TJames15 wrote:

thanks guys for the info right no i have a partially touch screen phone with a physical keyboard. thanks also to the person who said that corporate e-mail is only supported with firmware 2.2 that helps a lot. on another do any of you know how they stack up on battery life?

In my view battery life is about the same on the phones. With the 2.2 update I read that the battery has got better. What I would recommend doing is getting an external battery for the phone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

TheGreatOne wrote:

TJames15 wrote:

In my view battery life is about the same on the phones. With the 2.2 update I read that the battery has got better. What I would recommend doing is getting an external battery for the phone

This one may work......     1516i05C8F1CCE6FAD0F3

When I read TGO's comment this is what filled my head!   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes