DROID Mini 24.13.2 upgrade battery issue
JeffM23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery of my Droid Mini not lasting since upgrade to 24.13.2 last week.

Is there a setting I should look for? How do I find out if they are aware of the issue. I've seen discussions on other websites since the upgrade but no resolutions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID Mini 24.13.2 upgrade battery issue
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, a factory reset solves a lot of problems or at least a lot of posts for various phones have said it does. You can't un-do the system update, but you can wait for v5.1.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you do a factory reset? Do you close apps running in the background? Use power saver? Turn off wi-fi/location/bluetooth when not in use? Did you try and set your screen time out to something short? Still wallpaper?

0 Likes
JeffM23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't typically turn things on and off or play with settings. I've done nothing different other than allow the upgrade to happen.

The drain is very noticeable as it drops a couple percent every few minutes while sitting "idle."

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should consider it, all the things I asked about are ways to save on battery.

0 Likes
JeffM23
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are correct of course. However I'm looking for something the upgrade did that I might be able to undo that is causing the battery drain. That might have been a better phrasing for my question.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, a factory reset solves a lot of problems or at least a lot of posts for various phones have said it does. You can't un-do the system update, but you can wait for v5.1.

0 Likes
JeffM23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I may have to give this a shot. Thank you.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just make sure you back everything up before doing it. You can also read about various ways to do it, unfortunately v5.0 is simply flawed.

0 Likes