DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM ASURIAN
jbsweeney

I have to agree with Moiraine....

Asurion is a total waste of money. I have coverage on three phones (at 10.99 a month) and have never made a claim in the three years I have been with them. My daughter had her phone stolen this past month, and I submit the claim. All told I paid 360.00 for the insurance each year (almost 1,200.00), then I have to pay another 199.00 for the deductible on a phone that is free with a new contract (the contract does not expire on her line for another 7 months). I totally expected to pay a deductible, but paying almost 1/3 of the retail price as the deductible is ridiculous. I guess the sales rep forgot to mention the high deductible, and I failed to read the fine print when I made my purchase.

Several people have related phone insurance to car insurance and the need to pay the deductible. Would you really pay a 10,000.00 deductible to have your 30,000.00 car fixed?

I doubt it. A reasonable percentage is acceptable, this is damn near theft.

Major waste of almost 1,400.00 when I could have a replacement phone from E-bay for a 1,000.00 savings.

So much for the piece of mind and savings this INSURANCE provides.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DO NOT GET INSURANCE FROM ASURIAN
NJ_COB88

Don't forget that you can no longer go to a Verizon Store and pick up a replacement phone the same day. Now the consumer has to wait for the insurance company to send a phone through the mail.

0 Likes