dnabirm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a few questions on my DNA

1) when will see update to 4.2?

2) In email, links in some mail accounts  will not go to web browser

3) in all my email accounts I no longer have option to disply images always; I always have to hot the "display image" button.  This is a recent development.

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: DNA
thunderdan602
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I have read online, a bunch of HTC handsets, including the DNA, will all be getting 4.2 Jelly Bean and along with it, a bump to Sense 5.0 in the weeks ahead.  What does that mean?  Who knows.  The leak was supposedly made by a noted HTC leakster.  If it's true, it might be a a few months before the DNA see's the updatet.  You have to remember, Verizon will also put in their "software" before it gets pushed to their handsets, and that could take about a month after HTC releases it.  So, hang in there.   

dnabirm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Thunder-

I figured out the other problems noted in 2 & 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Dnabirm,

Good morning. I appreciate you taking the time to contact us. You bring up a few great questions and I would be more than happy to address them all in the order you ask.

Software update are always exciting. However, at this time we do not have any information regarding the software update for the Droid DNA. Please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph .

I find it strange that you are unable to access the web browser through links in an email, nor unable to display web images. Does this happen everywhere you go? If it is only in a certain location, what zip code are you in? Do you currently have wi-fi turned on? If so, trying turning off wi-fi then retry to display images as well as clicking links in your email. If this does not work, try to remove the SIM card from your phone then replace back to your phone.

If the steps provided above do not work, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be happy to assist you in further troubleshooting. Have a great weekend!

MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thunderdan602, let's clear the air. Software updates are sent by our friends, the manufacturer. Unfortunately, we have not provided with confirmation or date of expectation for the software update. However, stay tuned for information regarding software updates for your device. Click, http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
thunderdan602
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's clear the air, as you said.  The manufactuere does not relase the software straight to the handset, correct?  They release it to the carrier (Verizon in this case) and the carrier releases it after they add to it or modify it.  Unless of course you have one of the Google Nexus handsets, which get the updates with no added bloatware. 

Air cleared.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thunderdan602, we definitely want to clear the air and provide you with clarity regarding the software update process. Our friends at HTC manufactures and specifically designs devices for us. Our technical support team reports any issues that our customers may be experiencing with their phones. This feedback it forwarded to HTC to assist with creating a software update that will improve our customers' wireless experience on their devices. Once the software update is implemented by HTC, it's pushed directly to the devices. I hope this information is helpful to you. ^LH

0 Likes