DATA USE ISSUES
Cheryl29

Has anyone noticed that data seems to be deducted at an abnormally fast rate as of late? I have not used much data this month yet it tells me I have used up nearly all of it to date. I can't afford to buy more.  Never had this problem before. The data perks we can earn and save, now have an expiration date now too. Not right. I tend to save up data to use in emergencies.

0 Likes
Re: DATA USE ISSUES
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Cheryl29! With improving data speeds app and website developers are able to transmit more data than ever. This has resulted in more data being used to complete the same tasks than they used too because they have popups and video ads playing. One of the best ways to help prevent your phone form using data when you don't want it to is to disable Mobile Date when you are not using it. This can usually be done by pulling down from the top of your screen and selecting the icon of an up and down arrow. ScottD_VZW 

0 Likes
Re: DATA USE ISSUES
Cheryl29

I always turn it off. How much data is deducted for 20 minutes of audio for instance IHeart radio use? And if we go over or run out in the month, is the reduced speed charged or deducted in the next month, therefore eating into my new monthly plan allotment?

0 Likes