Customizing Moto X after ordering it on Verizon's website
andrewferguson

I was told by two agents I would receive a redemption pin number to be used on Moto's designit website after placing my order. I never received this pin number and Moto could not give me a new one since they had no record of my purchase. Clearly there is no link between Verizon and Moto's system when placing an order but I was indirectly lead to believe there was. This morning I received an email saying my phone was being shipped (not customized) so I attempted to have the order cancelled. I fully expect it to be cancelled and a full refund credited to my account. Also since this was an upgrade, I expect to not be in a 2 yr contract.

I would like to order the phone and upgrade (I've been with Verizon for a long time) but this process is very frustrating. If this is not possible, I will have to move on. Hopefully someone can help me before that happens.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customizing Moto X after ordering it on Verizon's website
RDWilk

I'm experiencing the same situation here. First of all there is no way to order customized Moto X with EDGE program through the VW or Motorola websites. I had to call in and place the order with a rep and accept new contract with EDGE for it to be processed on VW side. Once this was done I supposed to receive PIN to customize my order on Motorola site. Never happened. I just called and no one knows what is going on. Order looks like it was submitted but there is no other information. From what I'm reading around looks like Motorola is backed up and can't process new orders (even if it was placed on Friday) and Verizon is awaiting for them to process it and send me a PIN. It's just a huge mess and I would expect this process would be working without any flaws. Seems like VW didn't really think that thru. And most of this mess would be avoided if Verizon would offer 32Gb white version available at the stores. With the system these days taking up to 6Gb it doesn't make any sense to purchase 16Gb model. I'm just waiting here. Wadda shame.

0 Likes
Re: Customizing Moto X after ordering it on Verizon's website
andrewferguson

Yeah, the situation is just a huge mess. A Verizon rep was asking me questions through this forum and I thought I was getting assistance but communication stopped. I am left not really knowing what to do. I was really excited to get this phone but now I am getting over it. This is what happens when you are a long time customer I guess...

0 Likes