Customer Service....Can you hear me at all???
StashaAnnMoran

I have been with Verizon for years now, and have never had a single complaint until this past year. And the complaint I have is in a major way. I have always experienced kind and helpful associates when I have had an issue, since I upgraded my plan, (which also made my bill higher) and got the Droid X2 this year I have had nothing but trouble with this phone, I am on my 3rd one in less than a year. The last time they replaced it, I tried to activate it from my home which I have done with every phone I have had from Verizon, and it would not work. I then had to call customer support, and the tech I got was rude, he did not listen to me at all when I told him I was in the same service area I had been all along, he told me I would have to either try to activate it at work which is in the same area as my home, or drive 30 minutes out of my way to activate cause the phone was not seeing the tower...the phone I was sending back to them was seeing the tower, I can see their tower from my drive way. I was on the phone for over 2 hours, and I had already been at work all day, he would not listen to me at all when I told him I lived in the same place I have lived since signing up with them, instead he ARGUED with me that I needed to get in my car and leave my home to activate, after his rudeness, and the aggravation I've experienced with this phone he had me in tears, and was snide with me, he also went on to see if my bill had been paid and I informed him I pay over $100 a month for this one phone and that my bill is always on time. Then just before I was ready to give up and tell him that I would activate it when I could go to a Verizon Store, he said I can do one last thing, I will try a fast boot, in which that worked, my replacement phone had not been totally wiped clean it thought it was in Texas, and I am far from Texas. That was just the first incident. The second incident happened a week ago, we had a bad storm in which it took out our power, phone and my cell service. So, when I got to my WORK, I used their phone to call and report the tower down ( I knew of several other Verizon Customers in my area that were out, so I knew it was NOT a phone issue). When I got connected to a tech I told them that I was reporting a tower down in our area and about the other Verizon customers who were out of service since the storm, he then ignored me, and said it was a phone issue that he could not see on his map that there was a tower down and proceeded to put me through the activation process 3 TIMES, then he ask me if I was in Texas...I said No, which really makes me wonder if this phone is really in proper working order, keep in mind I'm at work on my employers phone, I told him every time we tried the activation process it didn't do anything cause I didn't have service, and that was the problem cause my phone had been working properly the night before, and then my service went out. He still refused to listen to me, and at this point I was very frustrated, being that I had no home phone cause of it being out due to weather, and my cell due to a tower, if I had a family emergency I had no way of contacting anyone. After going through all of this on the phone, a co worker of mine could tell what was happening, and was starting to get extremely upset cause she also has Verizon and her service was out. Later, another co worker called Verizon, and they NEVER once went through the "activation" process with her, or even once tried to say it was a phone issue, the said they would tag our area to have our tower checked, and in fact the tower was out in our area. When my service came back I had a voicemail from Verizon asking me to rate the service I had received that day, and was cut off before I could finish it. I'm very shocked and displeased over how things have went in just the last 6 months with Verizon, I have always praised and recommended them, because of their unbeatable service and staff, but now I am really starting to think about what I should do when my contract runs out, and to top it all off I got a notification in the mail this past week telling me that my bill is going to go up AGAIN, due to a change in the amount of cost for the insurance. Thanks Verizon, you have made me feel like such a valued customer, I pay my bill every month on time, I upgrade my phone and plan when you say its time, and I get treated like you think I'm stupid and that I don't pay my bill, well just a bit of info for you, I work and a financial institution, and I ALWAYS pay my bills on time or early.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service....Can you hear me at all???
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear ya I hear ya. I also have had Verizon for a long time and the service had progressively gotten much worse. I have started a few threads and they get closed when I mention my biggest pet peeve. My one phone contract is up in sept. and I will be looking for prepaid. The other is up in 11 months and I will be doing the same. When I switched contracts I was told my bill would go down well it went up $20.00. Is all they said was ahh well!

After waiting for 10-15 minutes and hitting a bunch of numbers you get someone who cannot seem to understand or speak the ENGLISH language.

<< Edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service....Can you hear me at all???
Not applicable

That was a very long ..................story.

I do not believe that verizon repairs and checks those refurbished phones. Since verizon claims they put it through a hundred point quality check, not repair I highly doubt the first issue with the returned cell was ever fixed.

In my case I pay full price, I don't opt for second hand other peoples problem returned phones. Yes some people say that they return a brand new paid for device and receive a used phone in return, because now get this one....because the phone you returned is now used. When I pay for a brand new cell at $700 I want another brand new one if within a certain time frame. in the old days it was thirty days. Now its fourteen days and a restocking fee. How times have changed.

0 Likes