Currently unable to download. Please try again?!?
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

SO I've had the Eris since November, and I love the phone. - despite still waiting for the Android 2.0 update.  Lately, when I get a text message with a picture, my phone politely tells me it's "currently unable to download. please try again"  How do I fix this?!?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Currently unable to download. Please try again?!?
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

As promised, I'm posting the solution!  So after a few days of testing and troubleshooting, Verizon got back to me with a proposed solution.  Apparently they've been unable to recreate the problem, so they're sending me a new phone! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

icudoc wrote:

SO I've had the Eris since November, and I love the phone. - despite still waiting for the Android 2.0 update.  Lately, when I get a text message with a picture, my phone politely tells me it's "currently unable to download. please try again"  How do I fix this?!?!

find out what size the file is, you are limited by the size of the file being sent to you.

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon today, and they couldn't figure out what the problem was.  The file size was actually well under the limit.  They said that technical support needs a few days to look into it and see what may be the problem.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

icudoc wrote:

I called Verizon today, and they couldn't figure out what the problem was.  The file size was actually well under the limit.  They said that technical support needs a few days to look into it and see what may be the problem.

If the problem does get solved by technical support,come back & repost how it was solved.

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I do get an answer or resolution from Verizon, I'll definitely post it.  They didn't know why I was receiving messages at such a time delay on top of not being able to open the pictures.  Very curious...  

0 Likes
Reprieve

THis was happening to me too, and i think i found out the problem.  FOR me at least.   i found out my phone wasnt connected to the internet, and when i reconnected it, my pictures downloaded right away.

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reprieve wrote:

THis was happening to me too, and I think I found out the problem.  FOR me at least.   i found out my phone wasn't connected to the internet, and when i reconnected it, my pictures downloaded right away.

Thanks for the message!  Actually, my internet is working perfectly fine.  I'm able to connect to the internet, view web pages, etc, but still no MMS messages.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Verizon.

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

As promised, I'm posting the solution!  So after a few days of testing and troubleshooting, Verizon got back to me with a proposed solution.  Apparently they've been unable to recreate the problem, so they're sending me a new phone! 

0 Likes