Cracked Screen
lsixx6

I dropped my phone recently and part of the screen cracked. Can I just go to Verizon and they will replace my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cracked Screen
budone
Legend

No they will not. IF you purchased insurance you need to go through that program. Otherwise you could send the phone to the manufacturer to have the screen replaced. But I don't know the cost, or how long you would be without the phone.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You could also ask Verizon directly if the phone can be fixed for a price (assuming you don't have insurance).  Or.....if you are really tech savy yourself, you could repair the phone yourself. Just get the right tools & get a new screen.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Go to Motorolas site and register your phone, if you haven't already done so. See if you still have a factory warranty left on it, mine is good till March, and I bought my phone in November of 09. Call Motorola first if you have warranty on your phone which you should, do not tell them you had anything to do with your screen cracking. You did not drop it, throw it, or any other harmful thing to your phone.

If you don't have factory warranty then go to insurance.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

goog luck with that. screens don't just crack for no reason. if a phone has been dropped, it's pretty easy to tell. i suppose it's worth a try if you're cool with it. i'd call the manufacturer and see what your options are.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

goog luck with that. screens don't just crack for no reason. if a phone has been dropped, it's pretty easy to tell. i suppose it's worth a try if you're cool with it. i'd call the manufacturer and see what your options are.

Hmm i have read in one case where some users had put the phone in their pocket & the screen cracked. Supposedly nothing came in contact with the phone while it was in their pocket. It was not any of the Droid phones though

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i just don't buy that greatone? how does a screen just crack without coming into contact with anything? i suspect those people either had keys or something in the pocket, or the TIGHTEST jeans any human has worn....lol. i have seen issues with trackballs causing it (palm pre had some issues) where the pressure placed on the trackball caused a spidering crack affect around the trackball.

0 Likes