Contacts
Flash212
Enthusiast - Level 1

When some people from my contacts call me instead of their name showing up the number 206 494 9999 shows up. Have I been hacked? The same number shows up for multiple different people calling.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts
irishriles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay...just got done chatting with Verizon. According to them, it looks like a case of "caller ID spoofing."  She send me a couple of links and recommended that I file a complaint with the FCC.  Not sure how long that will take to get the issue resolved so if any of you find out a quicker solution, please post.  Here are the links she provided:

FCC complaints:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

Caller ID and Spoofing:  Caller ID and Spoofing – FCC Complaints

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to be sure we resolve this issue for you Flash212. When did this first begin happening? Has there been any recent changes to your phone, like a software update, or new apps? What is the make and model of your phone?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flash212
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the response, I literally received my phone on monday, and have been slowly adding apps, and such. I first noticed it this morning when I wanted to test the edge features  (I have a edge 6+). So I had a friend call me and his number showed up as the number I already stated. I have only downloaded a few apps, and just checked for phone updates and did the update it provided. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep digging, so we can resolve this for you. Is this a local number as far as the area code goes, to you? What zip code are you located in currently?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flash212
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, it's a Washington state area code and I live in oregon. The area code for my area is (503), but for my cell phone i use (208) because I'm on a family plan.

0 Likes
Flash212
Enthusiast - Level 1

97116 is my current zip

0 Likes
boiseBG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same things started happening to me last night. I tested it with 3 different people in CA. I had each of them call me (they are in my contact list) but their number shows up as (206)494-9999. I tried calling this number, and there appears to be a voicemail from a guy in Bellview WA who says it is a scam, and somehow associated with his number?

Please advise.

0 Likes
irishriles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue (same number 206-494-9999) which started yesterday evening (12/2/2015) and is still present.  I have an iphone 6 and my current zip is 85718.

0 Likes
boiseBG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on with Verizon right now. Just curious, where to the people who call you (who show the 206 number) live? It might be a regional issue based on where they live. All my affected contacts are calling from SF Bay area.

0 Likes
irishriles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Their numbers were from different area codes, but they were currently calling from the state of Arizona.  Any luck with your conversation with Verizon?

0 Likes