Contacts search on Eris
wtc

1. I moved the contact icon to the front screen (All People) on my Eris (The one where the weather shows up) and when I click it, it gives me an alphabetical listing of each contact.  However, I can not seem to search for the name I want.  I have to scroll all the way through.  Now on the app page (the one you get after pressing the up arrow) I can start typing the name and it automatically scrolls through my list to come up with who I am looking for.  Is there a way to do that with the app running on the front page?

2. The Motorola Droid allows you to do a Google search for any name stored on the phone.  When I go to All people and then hit the look up tab, it searches the internet for the name and not the contacts on the phone.  Am I doing something wrong for it not to scan the phone contacts?

BTW-My phone syncs with Exchange Server.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts search on Eris
k1ngr4t

What I've been doing is just opening up the phone dialer and then just enter in the name of ther person via the dialer text. For instance, if you need to call "Home" you can just hit "4" and "6" and it finds it instantly. Very handy and you don't need the contact widget.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts search on Eris
grvthang

[I moved the contact icon to the front screen (All People) on my Eris (The one where the weather shows up) and when I click it, it gives me an alphabetical listing of each contact.  However, I can not seem to search for the name I want.  I have to scroll all the way through.  Now on the app page (the one you get after pressing the up arrow) I can start typing the name and it automatically scrolls through my list to come up with who I am looking for.  Is there a way to do that with the app running on the front page?]

I have the "People" icon on the front screen on my Eris, too (what happened to "Contacts"?), and I press the Menu once I'm in People and it allows me to search.  It's an extra two presses (one for Menu and one for Search People), but it beats the heck out of all that scrolling.

0 Likes