Contacts mixed together? Can someone help?
ncelyse

Hi,

I have had my Droid for about 10 days... since I got it some of my contacts are combined.

I put Jim and Jimmy (2 different people) as contacts and when I put in their contact

numbers which are different, lol, they come under one name. Now this happened the first

day I got my new phone, went back to Verizon store second day of owning the phone,

they gave me a new phone after being there with them "trying" to help me and in the end

they had to give me a new phone. Now it's happening again with the new Droid phone.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

I looked and looked for answers only to find nothing here.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts mixed together? Can someone help?
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

The contacts app on the phone automatically merges contacts with similarities. However, if you access Gmail from your PC browser they should all still be separate contacts. I still haven't figured out if it's a bug or a feature but it sure can lead to a lot of confusion.  Try adding last names to the contacts if they don't have them. Did the people at the Verizon store recommend installing a task killer as a cure? :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
Re: Contacts mixed together? Can someone help?
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

I found this information about how to stop the merging of similar names. Let me know if it works for you.

Merging Contacts.

0 Likes