Contacts in GMail and csv?
KK4275
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola RAZR........I also just got a NOOKTablet.

Today I was trying to send an an email on my NOOK.It does not seem to have all my contacts,like I have in the email accounts on my RAZR.

So I tried seeing if I could import them from my GMail.My contacts are not backed up in there,so I tried to import them but it says I need a csv (looks like some kind of spreadsheet to me).......not even sure how to create one...

Now,I apologize if I am not using the right terminology,but I am at a complete loss.........

How do I get all my contacts backed up to GMail and how do I then get them onto my NOOK.....

I recall with my old phones,it was kinda easy........now it seems it is totally different..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts in GMail and csv?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CSV files are actually a text file.  It stands for Comma separated value and it can be read in the Excel program like spreadsheet.

How are your contact saved on the Razr?  Are they phone/Backup Assistant contact or are they listed as something else.  Since you checked your gmail contacts, I would guess that they are not saved to gmail on the phone.  If they are in Backup Assistant under your MyVerzion account, you can export the contacts as a csv file format and import them into Gmail.

KK4275 wrote:

I have a Motorola RAZR........I also just got a NOOKTablet.

Today I was trying to send an an email on my NOOK.It does not seem to have all my contacts,like I have in the email accounts on my RAZR.

So I tried seeing if I could import them from my GMail.My contacts are not backed up in there,so I tried to import them but it says I need a csv (looks like some kind of spreadsheet to me).......not even sure how to create one...

Now,I apologize if I am not using the right terminology,but I am at a complete loss.........

How do I get all my contacts backed up to GMail and how do I then get them onto my NOOK.....

I recall with my old phones,it was kinda easy........now it seems it is totally different..

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes