Contacts has stopped working
InkWolf

I have browsed the web for answers and I still have the issue with "Contacts has stopped working" I review the forums but none the answers really worked for me.

I have a Galaxy S5 with the latest version of Lollipop I believe.

The issue started after I got a restricted caller. Now every time try to view my calls or dial a number the app crashes. I can view my contacts just fine. I just did a factory reset on it before this happened to clean it up.

I use Verizon cloud to back up my info and do have it synced to Google to back up files. I tried removing the sync to Google but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts has stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get the call flow working again! Any other new apps or updates installed? Please go to Settings>Application maanger?Scroll to All>Scroll to Phone>Clear cache and/or data.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
InkWolf

This is strange, I have three versions of Phone running. Two of the "Phone App" and one of Android Phone. I have never seen this before.

0 Likes
InkWolf

I cleared the cache on all three of the phone apps but it did not resolve the issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

InkWolf,

Thanks for giving that a shot! We definitely want to get this figured out. To be sure, you stated that reset the device to factory defaults, can you describe the steps you took to complete the reset? Rather than clearing the phone application we can also attempt to clear the cache for the Contacts application. Is there any physical or water damage to the device?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

InkWolf

When I restored the factory defaults I made sure all of the contacts were saved to my Google account using "Back up My data" in the Backup and reset section of settings and to my Verizon cloud drive. I then made sure there weren't any files I needed.

I then pressed and accepted the "Factory Data Reset" option. Once the phone came back online I went through the setup wizard to set up my email. Re synced to Google and download my contacts from the Verizon Cloud.

There doesn't appear to me any damage. I removed it from the Otterbox and there appears be no damage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect. It looks like the reset was done properly. My concern is that you are still getting an error when  you try to access the contacts.

I have seen this happen before so I want to make sure all bases are covered.

Do you have Google+ installed? If so, can you please uninstall that and then test the contacts again? Same thing with Facebook Messenger if  you have that installed.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
InkWolf

I have Google+ installed but I have it disabled. I went and attempted to uninstall it but it does not give me the option.

0 Likes