Contacts added on Phone - Can see them in GMAIL on my PC - can't see them in the phone
pderanek

have checked all the settings I can find - any hints?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts added on Phone - Can see them in GMAIL on my PC - can't see them in the phone
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

Open contacts, press menu, select display group, select all contacts. If they are still not showing, make sure you are set to sync your contacts. From home screen, press menu, settings, data syncronization. Make sure there is a check mark in the box next to contacts. It should auto sync after the check mark is there. If it is there, uncheck and back out of the menu. Then go back and re-add the check mark. It should force a sync.

Also make sure you are set to auto sync. It is in the data sync menu also.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts added on Phone - Can see them in GMAIL on my PC - can't see them in the phone
pderanek

nope - unfortunately - did all the steps - the ones I added still aren't on the phone - argg.... think if I go into a store location they can do something?

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, I have been assuming that these are calling contacts. Are they email contacts(addresses), phone contacts(phone#), or a mixture of both? Are you using the default phone book?

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Also be aware that the phone's Contacts app will automatically merge contacts with similar information - either names or phone numbers. However, they will appear perfectly fine when you access Gmail from your PC.

0 Likes
RevKen
I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I activated my droid yesterday, and followed the steps to export via backup assistant then import to gmail. All my contacts show up in my phone, but all it says is "No additional information provided for this contact" Essentially, I have a list of 98 names, with no numbers OR email addresses associated....Did I miss something?
0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

You can "redo" your contacts. That might clear up your issue.

1. Go to Gmail from your PC browser and export your contacts in csv format to create a back up.
  2. Open your original CSV file with Excel or Google docs. 
  3. Take a look at Droid: Can I import contacts in CSV format? and make sure your column names match the ones in Steve Ryan's post.
  4. Back in Gmail select all contacts then click Delete contacts. You might want to wait for phone contacts to synch to ensure all contacts are cleared from your phone.
  5. In Gmail, import the file you modified in step 3. Next time the phone syncs, all your contacts should appear on the phone.

0 Likes