Contact images in Samsung Stratosphere?
juneaux

I've noticed that my Stratosphere will allow me to take images from my gallery and set them as contact pictures, however no pictures (from gmail, facebook, or what I've set) show up in my message inbox next to the person I'm texting-- it just appears to be the blank silhouette. How do I get their pictures to show up? It happened once, but then when I tried to change it to another picture it reset to the standard grey box.
Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact images in Samsung Stratosphere?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Juneaux, our phones are a reflection of our personality so I know how important it is to personalize your phone and I want to help!

I researched this and did not find it to be a known reported issue. Are the pictures you are using ones taken on the phone or where they pictures sent to you or downloaded? Below I have provided steps on how to set Photo ID for your contacts.

1. From the home screen, select Applications.
2. Select Gallery.
3. Select a gallery.
4. Select a photo.
5. Select Menu (located at the bottom of the display, to the right of Slideshow). If necessary, touch the image to display the image options.
6. Select More.
7. Select Set as.
8. Select Contact icon.
9. Select a contact.
10. Set the crop area then select Save.

If you are still notice that the picture is not showing up run the phone in safe mode http://bit.ly/rMd6fZ and see if it appears. It may be a 3rd party App causing the issue. If this is the case then I recommend uninstalling 3rd party apps and reinstalling them one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem.

Keep me posted.

John  B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RayS1010

That's fine for associating a photo to a contact.  The problem I am seeing is that I have contacts with photos that were synced from Facebook.  When I look at their contact information, the picture is there.  But there are no photos in my Messaging app beside these same contacts.  Just a silhouetted face beside all of them.

How do we get the contact pictures to show up in the Messaging app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying what's going on with your contact pictures RayS1010. Since this is something more specific to the device and not the network, I contacted Samsung directly and confirmed if you've associated a picture in contacts with a person (whether it's from Facebook or a picture you selected) it should automatically sync up with all phone calls and messages too.

One thing to check is if you have multiple entries for the same contact. If you have an entry from Facebook, one from email, and one from Backup Assistant, they need to all be joined to have the contact picture appear correctly. Here's how to Join contacts:
1. From the Home screen, touch Contacts.
2. Touch a contact to display its information.
3. Press the Menu Key, then touch Join contact.
4. Touch an imported contact record to join it to the Phone
contact.

If the contacts are already joined, then the messaging application may need to be reset. If you have a third party messaging application installed on yur phone, please uninstall it. To reset the native messaging application, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > tap the SMS/Messaging application and select Clear Data. This may erase the messages in your phone, but will help to reset the application and resync the contact pictures.

We're here to help.
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes