Contact Help...
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this has been discussed or not:

I just noticed that on my Gmail account, I have a contact name for Kathy and Kaitlyn, as well as a Mike and Michael. For some reason when I synch my Droid, it will put all of Kaitlyn's info under kathy, and all of Michael's info under Mike? For some reason, it doesn't recognize the differences in the names. If I change Kaitlyn to Katy, then it saves it as a seperate contact.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contact Help...
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

These contacts may be linked on your phone.  Open the contact on your phone.  On the right side next to the contact name, there will appear two little spheres that appear joined with a green dash.  Press this.  It will open a link screen.  clear the link on the contact names you do not want joined.  Press done.

Now, back up by the contact name, you may see the work "LInk" in green followed by a number.  Press this.  Again, the link screen will appear showing you a list of contacts that it feels can be linked.  Press "clear suggestion."  Don't forget to press the "Done" button as you back out or your changes won't be saved.

Now, you should have separate contacts on your phone.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to delete all your contacts from your Gmail account then re-sync them?

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll give this a try... Thanks..

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried your suggestion, but didn't work. I just modified the contacts name.

0 Likes