Re: Constant wifi calling notification
DwitDwit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a question for you Greg.

I can not find any information on this question.

If I turn on wifi calling, and later am in an area with no wifi or I turn my wifi off.  Can I still make and receive calls?

I would think that a lot of people would want to know the answer to that question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DwitDwit

You're in the right place for answers. Wi-Fi Calling is a High Definition  voice service that uses a High Speed Internet connection to let you make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network. If Wi-Fi isn't available, then you will need to connect to cellular service to place/receive calls. Does this address your concerns? 

For more information regarding how Wi-Fi Calling works, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/#eligible

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
gharden
Enthusiast - Level 1

You cannot force stop this app ..... annoying as heck, have tried several times....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gharden, we never want anything to be annoying. Allow us to help with everything. You are commenting on a thread about Wi-Fi calling notifications. Are you having trouble with Wi-Fi calling? If so, what's exactly is going on? What exact app are you referring to that you cannot force stop? Please share more details so we can assist you. Thanks! AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Barelylistening
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this problem for a long time, then I updated or deleted or changed something and it went away. So I thought it was fixed. After the last update it came back and here's how I got it to go away:

• Open settings
  • Open notifications
  • Open the "most recent"
  • From the 3dots menu select:                Show system apps
  • Select "wifi calling"
  • Select Notification style
  • Select "Silent and minimized"
  • Check your Notifications
  • Notice something missing

You're welcome

šŸ˜‰

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems from viewing a constant Wi-F Calling notification to your device, and we'll be more than glad to assist you. Thank you for providing detailed information. Since we'll need account-specific details from you, we're requesting your permission to gain access to your account Please check your Inbox as we've sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6604GpZVu

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes