Re: Constant wifi calling notification
VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I made it clear that I do not want wifi calling. Turning it on  ( and agreeing to the service terms) just to turn it off again is ludicrous. The notification, without any intervention by me, has disappeared for 2 days from my phone.  I even booted it to see if it was a fluke, but it has not come back. While I am pleased I don't have to look at it anymore, as a computer help desk professional I want to know what was done as I am sure everyone else here who posted would like to know.  Now if I could just get Bixby to leave........permanently.

VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, and to be clear, all of the wifi calling switches were turned off my the reps and it still showed up.

VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that didn't last long. It's back.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VALJOH39

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue on your phone. Have you recently updated the software on your device or updated the software for that application?

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, getting back to this thread is a massive headache.  My phone was recently "down the line" upgraded. That is when this started.  From other posts I have seen it's been going on for awhile. The phone was updated to  N950USQU4CRF3 on June 29,2018.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Serviceā€‹

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. Having the latest update on your phone is recommended for optimal performance. Please go into settings >> apps >> WiFi Calling >> Notifications to remove all notifications from WiFi calling. For system apps: Go to settings >> apps >> tap the three dots on the top right >> select Show System Apps.

Monica_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok. I think I said before that I do not have a "WiFi Calling" choice under just apps so there was nothing to do there.  I went into system apps and cleared cache and data from storage and memory.  Under app notifications for Wi-Fi Calling in the system apps area, I chose Force Stop.  Icon badges is on (I don't know what that is) and Wi-Fi calling was off. As it was not at the time giving me the notification today, I booted (stop not restart) my phone to check to see what would happen. So it wasn't giving me the message before the boot, but it is now after the boot.  So I cleared the cache's again, did a force stop, and restarted (not stop). It did not come up right away, but it came up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello VALJOH39,

I know this has been said before, but I'm so sorry you're experiencing this issue. I have completed some research on this subject, and Here is what we have found about the notification:

For devices that have Wi-Fi Calling turned ON by default, and for devices updated to software that has Wi-Fi Calling ON by default users will be prompted to activate Wi-Fi calling or confirm the E911 address. The notification cannot be removed by swiping and must be selected for the user to either walk through the Wi-Fi Calling activation, or to decline activation using the following processes:

If you have had Wi-Fi calling turned on before and an address is saved for E911 (check here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201651/ , you will be prompted to select 'Cancel' or 'Save' on the Wi-Fi Calling E911 address screen. If you do  not select 'Cancel' or 'Save' on this screen the notification will continue to display. This is the reason you keep seeing it.

If you have never had Wi-Fi calling turned on before OR if the E911 address on file cannot be found, the users should be prompted to select 'Cancel' or 'Continue' on the Activate Wi-Fi Calling screen. If the user does not select 'Cancel' or 'Continue' on this screen the notification will continue to display to the user. Pressing 'Cancel' will prompt a display advising you that Wi-Fi Calling is OFF. Pressing 'Continue' after accepting the Terms and Conditions (check box) will move you to the Emergency Location Information (E911 address) screen. You would then need to complete the form with an address that can be identified in the E911 database, and press the 'Save' button.

I hope this information is helpful, 

Christina_VZW

0 Likes
VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have waited to respond as I have had the notification go away and then come back before.  It has now been days and it has not shown up. I have turned wifi on and off a few times and I have booted the phone a few times and it has not come back. I did not have an address on file for E911 and received an error when I followed that instruction. I then went on to accepting the Terms and Conditions and to the E911 address and cancelled from there.  I am highly annoyed that I had to *accept* the Terms and Conditions to get rid of this even when all of the setup items were turned off.   If I cancelled, then am I still subject to whatever I agreed to in the Terms and Conditions?  How much data are you mining from me because I had to agree to your terms?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning VALJOH39! We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience receiving the error message constantly. Do you recall if the issue started to happen after a new application download or software update? What model is your device?

Maria_VZW

0 Likes