Connection in Australia
HarleyGirl

I own a Droid. I will be going to Australia for vacation in June. I don't have global service on my phone so I know I can't make calls home. But what I was wondering was if hook up to the hotel wi-fi will I be able to use my IM Meebo program and surf the net that way? I could use my skype to do calls that way. I figured it would be like taking my laptop with me but a heck of a lot lighter and easier. :smileyhappy: Can anyone answer this question for me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connection in Australia
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

If you do happen to get a good WIFI connection overseas, you should be able to surf the web and use your instant messaging program with no problem and but with skype, you have to have verizon towers in range for making skype calls from your phone. With WIFI you can only use skype for messaging. You may want to check with customer service to ensure that there want be any charges with using the web overseas using WIFI before you actually go overseas.

0 Likes
Re: Connection in Australia
HarleyGirl

Thank you for replying and the information. It helps a lot. I will check to make sure there is no additional charge for wifi use overseas.

0 Likes