Connecting HTC Droid to Laptop
jimwalkco

Does anyone know of a way to connect the Droid directly to a laptop (via USB) to veiw / retrieve photos?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting HTC Droid to Laptop
gambler2025
Enthusiast - Level 2

First connect your phone via USB cable, from the home page, you press menu then select notifications, you will then see a page that says Ongoing. You then want to press USB connected, this will then pop-up a page that says mount / unmount. You want to press mount and this should then use your USB card as a mass storage device. You can then access folders and files from your phone. Make sure before you disconnect your phone to go through the same process using notifications and turn off the USB storage and use safely remove hardware on your PC. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
The first thing to do is connect the usb to the pc, then follow the onscreen instructions. Please search around, this question gets asked alot..
0 Likes
jimwalkco

Thanks.  Yes I did that and the prompt was to start syncing with the outlook ....... which is not desired.  I just want to view/control the info on the SD card. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

What i normally do is just hook up my android to hook up phone with computer-->select mount on the phone-->my computer-->removable storage-->look for your phone & open it-->open pics folder-->view pictures

0 Likes
gambler2025
Enthusiast - Level 2

First connect your phone via USB cable, from the home page, you press menu then select notifications, you will then see a page that says Ongoing. You then want to press USB connected, this will then pop-up a page that says mount / unmount. You want to press mount and this should then use your USB card as a mass storage device. You can then access folders and files from your phone. Make sure before you disconnect your phone to go through the same process using notifications and turn off the USB storage and use safely remove hardware on your PC. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
jimwalkco

Thanks! 

0 Likes
jimwalkco

Worked beautifully!  Thanks.

0 Likes